22

When she first saw Javier in the compromising position with Bethany, Jessica could only describe her heartache like an insatiable fire that burnt all the oxygen in her body leaving her listless and empty

When she first saw Javier in the compromising position with Bethany, Jessica could only describe her heartache like an insatiable fire that burnt all the oxygen in her body leaving her listless and empty. They say once bitten, twice shy, but for Jessica it was more like forever shy. She couldn't see herself putting her heart out there again, she might not be able to survive another inferno.

She threw the balled up tissue towards her wastebasket and it missed causing her to sob some more.

I can't ever get anything right. I can't even thrown a stupid Kleenex in the wastebasket.

She grabbed some fresh ones from the box and blew her nose.

"Well don't you look like you've been hit by storm"

She looked up at Logan and found him standing just inside her doorway. When he saw her face he rushed over to her.

"What happened?" He asked pulling her into a hug that made her sob all the more.

He kept his arms around her and rocked her back and forth until she was able to talk.

"I saw him with her. With Bethany... At his house." She took a deep breath "She was naked below his desk and his pants was down. She was giving him a...a..."

"Its OK I get it. I'm sorry you had to see that Jess."

"Then to top it all off he tells me I have Isabella's eyes."

"You do" he said so quietly but she still heard him.

"What do you mean by that?" she asked confused

"Jessica did you ever do surgery on your eyes?" He asked

"How did you know that?" She asked moving away from him.

"I told you I remember. That night we kissed, I don't know but the thought of betraying Javier mixed with so badly wanting to kiss you somehow triggered something and I remembered...everything. Including how I got this scar on my forehead"

"You wanted to kiss me?" She asked wide eyed

"OK out of everything I just said that's all you heard?" He asked grinning at her looking nervous.

She dried her face and looked away from his revealing eyes.

How did I not see it before? How didn't I notice how he feels.

A fresh sob came rushing out and she covered her face and cried. She felt his arms come around her. And he pulled her back to his solid chest and let her cry.

"I'm so sorry Logan. I didn't know" she mumbled

"I know. I didn't want you to know. Right now I'm just tired of keeping things from you" he replied still rubbing a comforting arm down her back.

"What do you mean?" She asked

"You said your parents were killed in a car accident seven years ago right?"