9

What had made her say that to him

What had made her say that to him. It was in fact true but to actually say it? She could tell he wasn't pleased. He hasn't even responded. She sighed and crapped her sweater over her hand as she walked to the elevator. She pushed her hair away from her face and stood waiting. So lost in thought she didn't even notice Javier standing watching her through the glass.

The elevator dinged and the doors slid open. She walked in and leaned against the wall as it descended. Suddenly her mind moved from Javier to wondering what she would eat when she got home. Just the thought of food had her stomach twisting in hunger.

This is why I don't date. It takes your mind off things that aren't important, like food. Then again I'm not dating, I'm just needed for my body. Men!

As soon as she stepped out of the building, she walked into pouring rain.

"Son of a ..."

"Get in!"

She brushed the water from her face and looked at the car that pulled up to the curb. Over the half opened window she spotted the guy from the display room from earlier.

She hesitated for a minute. The words stranger danger came to mind. A girl couldn't be too careful here in the big city at night. Suddenly lightning struck and thunder clapped making her squeal in fright.

Well I guess he seemed friendly enough earlier.

With that she bolted to the passenger side of the car and got in.

"Its Jessica right?" He immediately asked as he tossed her a rag.

"Um..yeah...did I tell you ...?" She asked hesitantly

"No I heard that guy call you that. He's Javier Sanchèz right?"

"Yup that's him alright. I'm sorry I didn't get your name"

"Its Roger" he replied flashing her a smile

"Nice to meet you Roger and thank you for this"

"It's no trouble. I was in the area and saw you when I was driving by. So where to Jessica?"

She hesitated again but gave him her address and settled back in the seat as he pulled into traffic.

"So how long have you been working at the gallery?"

"Two weeks give and take a few"

"Do you like it there?"

"Yeah I love it"