25

Two things woke Jessica

Two things woke Jessica. Loud laughter followed by a pathetic plea, the last one was very distinct. Belonging to someone that was not suppose to be here, along with the sunlight glaring through her blinds that she had forgotten to close the night before.

What in the name of snicker doodles is he doing here?

She swung her legs out of bed and reached for her robe and slipped it on. When she opened the door another round of laughter caught her ears along with a voice saying.

“OK you guys have had your fun, let me go now”

She groaned and hurried down the stairs and into the kitchen. She came to a stop when she saw Logan backing up into a corner with a nervous look on his face while Borden held a shotgun at him. Her other brothers stood by laughing. Jessica shook her head and walked further into the kitchen and cleared her throat effectively gaining everyone's attention.

“Oh hey there beautiful, come to help?” Asked Logan glancing at her then back at the gun aimed at him.

“I haven't decided yet” she replied

She ignored the pleading look he sent her.

“This belongs to you?” Asked Jordon tipping his head in Logan's direction.

“Something like that.” She looked at Logan and saw he had broken out into a cold sweat. Sighing she turned back to Jordon. “Leave him alone guys”

“He said he killed mom and dad” said Jason with venom in his voice.

“He did” she replied then immediately regretted it when her other two brothers pulled the kitchen knives and Jordon removed the safety from the gun he was holding.

“Jess you're not helping me here!” Logan exclaimed now with his hands in the air.

She hurried over to him and stood in front of him and crossed her arms while sending her brothers pointed glares.

“Back off!” She ordered

“You've got to be kidding me. You're telling us he took our parents away and we should just let him get away? Sorry princess but the only way he's leaving this house is in a body bag” said Joseph

“You'll have to go through me then.” She replied stubbornly

Before she could react Jason the younger of her three brothers who was still older than her, walked over to her and picked her up and set her out of the way. He grabbed Logan by his shirt and pulled his hand back to land a fist to his face but stopped when she screamed.

“I love him!”

Four pairs of surprised eyes turned to look at her. Logan's expression was almost comical. With the brother's attention preoccupied he quickly went to stand by her and took her hand. She looked at each of her brothers. Jason and Joseph looked confused while Jordan looked- well there was no telling how he felt because his expression was so closed off. She watched as he stormed out of the kitchen then a few minutes later the front door slammed shut.