34

Javier thanked his housekeeper as she place breakfast on the table but his eyes were trained on Jessica out on the balcony who was arguing with her brother on the phone

He had managed to convince her to tell them about the stalking but now looking at her upset expression he wasn't sure it was such a good idea.

He watched her storm back inside and plaster a piece of toast with jelly without even looking his way.  The vicious bite she took out of the bread told him to give her time to cool off.

As he reached for his own piece of toast he was startled at her sudden angry outburst.

"The nerve of those boys acting like women are defenseless and needs a man to come to their rescue!"

As he watch her waving the butter knife angrily he wasn't sure if he should be offended,  concerned or amused.  Something told him if he was amused he better not show it.  Not with the state she's currently in.

"The call didn't go well then?" he asked

"Go well my ass." she scoffed

"Language." Javier told her gently then regretted it when she dropped her knife and scowled at him.

"Don't you language me!" he tried not to laugh at her poor imitation of his voice.  "This is all your fault!" she accused

"How is it my fault?" he asked surprised.

"How is it my fault?" she mocked him angrily.

This time he couldn't resist the light chuckle that escaped.

"It's not funny!" she cried

"It is a little bit." he said still chuckling.

"You're the one that told me to call them.  Now they're in their over protective mood.  They want me to come home.  They're acting like you can't protect me!"

Now he definitely wasn't laughing.  Having her brothers think her can't protect her stung just a little bit.

"They're wrong though.  I can protect you." he told her.

"No shit Sherlock."

This time he didn't bother correcting her.  He could see she's not in the mood.

He got up and walked around to her side of the table and pulled up a chair. He picked up her leg and gently started messaging her foot. She closed her eyes on a sigh and started to relax.

"Feel better?" he asked

"Your hands are magic." she replied

"Why thank you." he said smiling.

His smile grew when she popped one of her eye open to peek at him.

"I love you in this mood.  You're more relaxed lately." she told him.