18

“Dinner was amazing” Jessica told Javier as he opened the car door

“I could tell by the way you polished off that pasta”

She ducked her head and blushed.

“Don't worry, I love a woman with a healthy appetite. I tired of going to dinner with women who pretend they're not hungry yet I can sit across the table and hear their stomach rumble like a angry animal.”

She giggled and took his outstretched hand. She paused as she looked up at his house. Ivy and ferns grew through the crevices of the old winding stone path, which led directly to the colossal structure. The house looked like a cut out from Architects Today magazine. The house was a series of rectangles constructed of steel and glass. It was unapologetically modern. It stood amidst the manicures lawn as if beamed there rather than constructed. It was beautiful.

She blushed when he caught her staring at his house.

“Come on” he smiled at her.

They crossed over the threshold and Jessica was awe struck. The inside of the house was even more impressive. They place was, spotless. It made her apartment look like the city dump.

“You like it?”

“I love it” she breathe out.

He chuckled and led her further into the house. They walked along the hall and came to a stop at a door with the words ‘do not disturbe’ etched into the gold plate. He pushed the door opened at chuckled when she exclaimed.

“Oh my God”

“I'm glad you like it”

“Now you're just showing off” she said rolling her eyes.

“Have a seat, I'll be back with snacks”

“Snacks?” She asked puzzled

“Well you can't Netflix and chill without snacks now can you?”

Jessica was even more impressed as she walked further into the room. Who wouldn't be impressed of a mini home theater, especially when there was nothing ‘mini’ about it.

So this is how the other half lives.

She sank down onto one of the cushy leather seats and waited for Javier to return. Her mind drifted to wondering how the rest of his house looks then she wondered if Bethany was sharing his room.

No way, he wouldn't do that.

“Do what?”

She turned and saw him standing next to her seat holding a tray with all different assortments of snacks while holding a glass of champagne in his other hand.

“I guess I said that out loud”

“Sure did”

“Um...I was just wondering where Bethany sleeps”