I. THE BEGINNING

( BEFORE YOU READ )

( BEFORE YOU READ )

if you notice any sort of
grammatical errors or
plot mistakes, please
comment and let me
know so i can change
it asap. thank you x

━━━━━━━━━━━

— apologies for this chapter being
an absolute mess. i hadn't a clue how
to lay out my stories on wattpad when i
first began writing this book xo

( PROLOGUE )

As the leaves crumpled under her cold feet, her veins were filled with sadness and guilt; but she knew she had to keep walking. The warm embrace of her child was the only thing protecting her from the harshness of the wind. She approached a soaring tree, and began to sigh deeply. The hurt pounded through her sore lungs, as she set her baby down gently below its falling leaves. She wiped a stray tear from her fragile face, and began to whisper softly.

"Don't you ever be afraid Emmalina; for I will always be with you, even if you can't seek my presence; I will be there to guide you. In times that you feel most alone, never forget about the people that truly love you; that's what kept me alive for so long. But you however, will live until the world's end, with this very item I have gifted you with." She placed a miniature glass bottle beside her baby's cotton blanket and watched as the liquid inside began to bubble uncontrollably. "I love you sweetheart, although it will feel slightly strange to be loved by a complete stranger, but the truth will unfold eventually; when the time comes..."

She smiled at her baby for the final time, before standing; and slowly walking away, with no hesitation to turn around. The guilt was too much for her to handle. Rowena had already lost a child to a horrid killing; and she couldn't face loosing another for the same reason.

( PRESENT DAY )

THE VERY BEGINNING:
darling, you're different
( she's extraordinary )

THE VERY BEGINNING: — darling, you're different ( she's extraordinary )