VIII. GRANDMASTER PLAN

CHAPTER NUMBER EIGHT:
— the grandmaster plan !
( mystery awaits )

    WITHIN THE BLINK of an eye, the great hall had been filled with Christmas decorations — which included floating baubles, and thick snow that swiftly fell from the ceiling

    WITHIN THE BLINK of an eye, the great hall had been filled with Christmas decorations — which included floating baubles, and thick snow that swiftly fell from the ceiling. I heard that it was Hagrid who had kindly offered to do some manual labour by moving the oversized Christmas tree into the hall. Whilst our Charms teacher, Professor Flitwick, had festively decorated it.

I had just finished doing some studying in the library and decided to find Lisa and Miles. Since they were travelling back home for the Christmas holidays, this would be the last day I would see either of them until the month of January.

As I was casually strolling down one of the many corridors of the castle, I happened to stumble upon the trio of Gryffindors, whom were currently in conversation with Professor Snape. I noticed that Hermione's facial features expressed worry.

"You wouldn't want people to think you were," Snape paused for a moment, examining Harry's peculiar glance towards him. "Up to something."

Once he'd said this, he looked at the trio carefully before beginning to walk towards me. I instantly panicked, trying to make myself come across as ordinary as possible.

He brushed passed my shoulder, eyeing me up as he did so, I ignored his attempt in eye contact, and walked straight over to the three Gryffindors once he was out of sight.

"What was that all about?" I asked curiously.

Harry looked at Hermione on his left, then over to Ron on his right, before sighing and looking back to me. It was rather obvious that he was worried about something.

"We want to tell you something," Harry stuttered slightly. "but you have to promise not to tell anyone, okay?" My eyebrows furrowed for a moment.

I raised an eyebrow in confusion, but didn't question it. "Of course."

Harry smiled weakly, then the four of us started to head to an abandoned classroom close to where we were currently located. Once we'd entered, Hermione made sure that nobody could barge in, by using a locking spell on the door.

"So, what's going on?"

* * *

Because of my quiet conversation with Harry, Ron and Hermione a few days ago, I wasn't able to say goodbye to Miles and Lisa. I felt rather bad, I didn't want them to think I'd forgotten completely; I was hoping they'd understand.