XVII. POETRY AND DIARIES

CHAPTER NUMBER SEVENTEEN:
some stories aren't meant to be shared . . .
( the uncovered poems & diaries )

   MADAME POMFERY HAD kindly insisted that I was to stay in hospital for at least a month, all because I'd heard voices ever since my arrival

   MADAME POMFERY HAD kindly insisted that I was to stay in hospital for at least a month, all because I'd heard voices ever since my arrival. When I was able to confront her as to why I had to stay for so long, she simply told me that hearing voices that nobody else could hear was never a good sign, even in the wizarding world. She had also been dealing with yet another petrified student — Justin Fletchley of Hufflepuff, who was found lying lifelessly on the second floor corridor near the entrance to the boys' lavatory. Whilst I'd been stuck in the Hospital Wing, the trio of Gryffindors, along with Lisa and Miles, just so happened to figure out what exactly had been the cause of these horrific attacks.

    They'd informed me that the day Professor Snape had to drag me from the Great Hall, Harry began talking to the snake Malfoy had summoned, eager to lure it away from the student it had picked as its prey. But without realising, he was talking to it in some sort of made up language, that Voldemort himself had once been able to speak — Parseltongue. Everyone started to believe that Harry was purposely controlling it, and forcing it to attack another student when he was actually doing the complete opposite. From that day forward, people began keeping their distance from him, convinced that he was the one behind all the attacks.

                         But he wasn't.

It had also annoyed me quite a bit that I wasn't able to spend Christmas and the new year with my friends, but it warmed my heart when the five of them visited me early that Christmas morning, eager to see how well I was doing since the last time they'd visited.

     "Emmalina dear, you are now free to leave whenever you feel like you can return to your usual schedule." Said Madame Pomfery has she scurried into the room. "And remember what I said about those voices."

  "Thank you Professor, and yes, I won't forget." I shot her a broad smile before slowly lifting myself off the bed, changing into a fresh set of robes, and leaving. I didn't have the slightest clue where the five of them would be, as curfew was fast approaching, so just decided to wander aimlessly around the castle until I found them.

    Thinking about those voices was always a way to have my stomach take an uneasy turn. I still didn't quite understand how I was able to so vividly recognise the sound of my mother's voice, since I'd never actually came into contact with her face to face. But I was hoping that with the help Madam Pomfery had offered me, those voices were sure to disappear quickly . . .

Then all of a sudden, I was jolted out of my anxious thoughts by a voice that I would've been able to recognise no matter what day of the week it was — Elphias Lynch. He had his hands shoved deeply into his pockets, and looked like he hadn't slept for at least a couple of eternities.