XXII. THE LEAKY CAULDRON

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO:
looking forward to a new term ?
( harry's narrow escape of expulsion )

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO: — looking forward to a new term ?( harry's narrow escape of expulsion )

        TO SAY THAT SUMMER FLEW IN was undoubtedly an understatement. I'd spent yet another year in the sweet company of the Weasley's, and they couldn't have made me feel more at home if they tried. Ron and the rest of his siblings were rather lucky to have such loving and kindhearted parents.

   Some parts of the summer were spent writing letters to the others, you know, to see how they were getting on. Some of us were even able to meet up in Diagon Alley a few times, but some of us weren't. And by that, I mean Harry. The poor boy was forced to return to the Dursley household after second year had ended. It saddened me quite a bit as I don't think he (along with the other two boys) got enough recognition for their duty to the school. I know that the end of term banquet was pretty much dedicated to them and all, but still...

I also forgot to mention the fact that the Weasley's were kind enough to include me on their rather exciting visit to Egypt. Since I did enjoy my fair share of history, there wasn't a single day spent there where I wasn't able to learn something new. Whether it be about the excessive amount of tombstones or the shockingly large scale of the pyramids.

    So, all in all, another summer in The Burrow was indeed well spent, even if we didn't get to see Harry. I missed him. I never told Ron though; Merlin knows that he'd instantly jump to the conclusion that I 'liked' him if you could even call it that.

        So, do you remember when I said that another summer in The Burrow was well spent? Well, I wasn't exactly lying, I might've just sugar coated it a little bit. There were days during the holidays where I'd started to think about my Aunt Mable, which then made me think about that ghost I saw in Tom Riddle's diary, which then made me think about — my mum. Her and my Aunt Mable were the only ones I presumed had all the answers to my questions, but could I ask them? No, no I couldn't because they were both dead.

    But, me being me, I wasn't going to let my past slip away that easily...

    I had also spent some spare time preparing — preparing my 'speech' to Dumbledore. I hadn't clue a weather he knew anything at all about the whole situation, but it was worth a try. After all, I'd always thought there was something strange about the nearly one hundred and sixty year old wizard.

So, I know what you've all been thinking for a while now — 'why don't I just go to the school's library and find a book about the Ravenclaw Family, problem solved!' And yes, that'd be a good idea, but there's only one problem... I can't bloody well find any!