VII. THE MIRROR OF ERISED

CHAPTER NUMBER SEVEN:
headmaster's wise words
( ghostly reflections )

A FEW WEEKS had passed, and Miles, Lisa and I were all greedily devouring our breakfasts down in the great hall

A FEW WEEKS had passed, and Miles, Lisa and I were all greedily devouring our breakfasts down in the great hall. Lisa was munching on a slice of toast, whilst Miles and I were adding bacon to our plateful of eggs and sausages. Since it was quite early, only a handful of students were scattered in various locations around the hall.

Whilst I was busily consuming my food, an unknown boy sitting with Malfoy and company peculiarly caught my eye. He had dark, hazel eyes, and his rusty coloured hair seemed to be pointing in quite a various amount of directions. He had rather sun-kissed skin, and his lips were round and petite.

I was in too much of a gaze to notice that Malfoy was staring directly at me; and he must've been for at least a few minutes. I flinched, looking away quite frantically. But that didn't stop him and his minions arising from the Slytherin table; and swaggering over to ours.

Daringly, Malfoy and co approached us. "Something you'd like to say, Crow?" He narrowed his eyes; whilst Crabbe and Goyle sniggered from behind his shoulders.

"Nothing at all." I stated after overhearing a moment of silence. "If I had anything to say, I wouldn't be afraid to say it to you personally." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"This one's got attitude, Draco." The unknown boy spoke out. "Just like you had mentioned." Malfoy nodded his head in agreement; and raised an eyebrow. "Elphias Lynch, such a pleasure to finally meet you." He stepped forward and held out his hand, whilst sarcasm was piercing through his gruff voice.

My eyes were locked on his hand, as I then stubbornly decided to pass on the offer to shake it. "Emmalina Crow." I looked up.

Before anyone could utter another single word, the strident sound of the school bell abled itself to echo around the hall. Malfoy sniggered yet again, before walking away. Crabbe and Goyle followed, whilst Elphias hesitated for a short moment.

"I hope to be seeing you around then." He narrowed his eyes, anticipating a reply. Miles and Lisa were carefully studying him from the other side of the table; whilst getting ready to leave and head off to class.

"It's quite a shame I was hoping of the complete opposite." I smirked. His facial expression slowly began to form into an angry stare. I arose from the table, and began walking to class. Lisa and Miles quickly followed, leaving Elphias alone; but he soon began to strode off in his own direction.

* * *

All classes had thankfully finished for the day, meaning everyone could finally return to their house dormitories. I however, got myself tangled into an unfortunate detention with Professor Snape; since I was quite late arriving into his class earlier on during the day.