XVIII. A BLAST FROM THE PAST

CHAPTER NUMBER EIGHTEEN:
— let me take you back, 50 years ago . . .
( a historical trip to the past )

  "WOAH, YOU WERE RIGHT!" Lisa was soon to point out

"WOAH, YOU WERE RIGHT!" Lisa was soon to point out. "Quickly, write something back before he goes away again!"

"Alright Alright!" I said quickly, before scribbling down the words ' I found it in a bathroom. Do you know anything about the Chamber of Secrets?' "C'mon Riddle . . . "

'Yes.' Came Riddle's reply.

"Hurry and ask him!" Miles persisted.

'Can you tell me?'

   'No.' The three of us huffed in frustration, knowing that we'd hit a dead end. That was until Riddle decided to add to his comment —

   'But I can show you if you'd like — let me take you back, fifty years ago. '  And all of a sudden, the pages of the diary began to blow rapidly until they stopped on one specifically with the words 'June thirteenth' scribbled in the top left corner. My hands began to tremble anxiously, and before I had time to think, I was sent flying forward out of my seat and straight first into a newly made opening the diary had created.

      I felt my feet pound against the solid ground below, as unrecognisable shapes and blurry images were finally beginning to come into focus. I looked around, in the hope that Miles and Lisa had also been transported to this unknown place too — but they hadn't. Looking up a marble stained staircase, I noticed a boy, who looked around the age of sixteen, standing patiently, almost as if he were waiting on something. It had only just dawned on me that the boy who I assumed was Tom Riddle, had a lot of similarities to Harry —blazing green eyes, and jet black hair.

"Tom?" I called out taking a step closer to him, but the boy didn't even flinch, he just stood there noiselessly as he'd done moments before. This happened until a wizard with a long, white beard and miniature glasses exited the Great Hall — it was none other than a fifty years younger Albus Dumbledore.

   "What are you doing, wandering around at this late hour, Tom?" Dumbledore asked in his rather low and soothing voice.

  "I had to see the Headmaster, sir." I furrowed my brows; Dumbledore wasn't Headmaster? I wondered who was . . .

   "Well, you best be off to bed. It is not wise to be roaming around the corridors these days, especially since —" He sighed, unable to conclude his sentence. Riddle and I watched as Dumbledore begun to stride off in his own direction, and as he did so, Riddle started to stealthily manoeuvre back down the staircase towards the dungeons, with me soon following in hot pursuit.