X. OLD FRIENDSHIPS

CHAPTER NUMBER TEN:
— what you hear isn't always true
( unexpected discoveries )

A FEW DAYS had passed by rather rapidly, as I was now patiently waiting for the Hogwarts Express to arrive, along with many other students who were eager to see their friends

I noticed Elphias was standing amongst a rather large crowd of Slytherins. He was busily chatting away with a female student whom I didn't know. Her bleach blonde hair ran down to her mid back, and her piercing blue eyes were focused on the train tracks in the far distance.

Before I could gather my thoughts together, I heard a rather clamoring sound coming from the west side of the tracks. I cocked my head to the side, and saw none other than the Hogwarts Express; I could already tell that the insides of the train were cluttered with enthusiastic students.

Once the train had come to a stop, students began departing; some giddily running up to their friends and exchanging group hugs. I reached onto my tip-toes, hoping to spot Miles and Lisa, as I assumed they'd be in the company of one another, but the only person I managed to find was Draco Malfoy, accompanied by Crabbe and Goyle. Great, he was back.

My thoughts instantly trailed away from Malfoy when I caught sight of Lisa and Miles. A cheesy grin made its way onto my face, as I began scurrying towards them.

"Emmalina!" I heard Lisa shout, and before I knew it, her arms were wrapped tightly around my shoulders. Miles struggled to keep up with her as she ran towards me.

"I've missed you guys!" I said whilst happily hugging Lisa. We disconnected as I made my way over to Miles to repeat the same process.

I was so glad to see them both again.

"We've missed you too!" Lisa replied cheerily. "I received your owl when I got home by the way." Miles nodded, indicating that the same had happened to him.

"Oh yeah, sorry about that." I apologized. The two looked at each other, then back at me. "I became rather preoccupied." I scratched my head firmly.

"Don't worry about it my darling." Miles reassured me. I smiled at the grey eyed boy, of whom I was lucky to have as a friend. After this, we began happily chatting and catching up on some overdue conversation, as we made our way back into the castle.

* * *

"Miles," Lisa began asking as she was scanning the newspaper in front of her. "You wouldn't happen to know who Rita Skeeter is, would you?" He looked up from his current book, rolling those clouded eyes of his.