XXIV. SPITE OF A SLYTHERIN

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR:
— i'm at my wits end of it all !
( a taste of his own medicine )

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR:— i'm at my wits end of it all ! ( a taste of his own medicine )

ONCE WE'D ARRIVED at Hogwarts, we were soon greeted by Hagrid's booming voice, instructing all first years to follow him to the boats — just as we'd done almost two years ago. My body was still rather shaken up, and I could easily tell that Harry's was just the same. I don't think any of us knew exactly what had gone on — and I still couldn't get over that horrific screamed I heard...

    "A dementor?" Ron questioned as we all walked at a reasonable pace to the carriages. "Like, I know they're looking for Sirius Black and all, but that's bloody scary how they're just allowed to galavant all over the train."

      "Well, they're going to do whatever it takes to find him, so we're all just going to have to be extra careful from now on." Lisa said, receiving several nods of agreement.

     Once we'd reached the carriages, the six of us clambered into an empty one, before it began trundling towards a pair of iron gates. Harry and I (in the company of the others, obviously) were told by Professor Lupin that the dementors would be surrounding the castle's grounds until Black was found. I'd caught sight of another pair of them standing on either side of the grounds, making my stomach take an uneasy turn.

     Once the ride had come to an end, Hermione, Lisa and I stepped out first, with the boys following soon behind. Then, all of a sudden, a familiar voice made itself heard, along with those evil sniggers I knew too well.

"You fainted, Crow?" Malfoy spat. "Like, you and Potty actually fainted?"

   Without any hesitation, Malfoy barged harshly into Lisa's side, blocking mine and Harry's way up the cobblestone steps leading to the castle. The two of us just sighed. If I was honest, I really couldn't be bothered with Malfoy at the minute, I had more important things to worry about.

   "Shove off, Malfoy." Lisa spoke lowly, gritting her teeth. She then dusted down her robes and continuing to walk with Hermione. Without turning around, Malfoy sniggered under his breath and carrying on his way to the castle, soon to be followed by Lynch and Zabini, who had barged violently past Hermione, Miles, and Ron.

The six of us quickly hurried up the steps to catch up with the crowd of students, before entering the castle through a pair of large oak doors into the entrance hall — which was beautifully lit by overhead candlesticks. Once we'd entered the Great Hall, we split off into our different directions, the trio heading over to the Gryffindor table, while Miles, Lisa and I walked quickly to the Ravenclaw table. Once we found a few empty seats, the three of us sat down, awaiting the sorting.