XIX. BONDING EXPERIENCE

CHAPTER NUMBER NINETEEN:
— please, stay safe you guys, ok ?
( a slight bonding experience )

      MARCH WAS SOON to arrive, and thankfully, the entirety of Hogwarts had been attack-free

MARCH WAS SOON to arrive, and thankfully, the entirety of Hogwarts had been attack-free. In other words, students were beginning to feel a lot safer than they had been doing just a few months ago. The six of us took this to our advantage, as we started to focus on more critical things including our upcoming exams, rather than confronting Hagrid about why he had opened the Chamber of Secrets.

Miles and I were heading out towards the Quidditch pitch, as we were eager to see Harry and the rest of the Gryffindor team at their most potent form. Lisa had briefly mentioned having a study session with Hermione, so we assumed that's where she was. Once we had arrived, we began waiting patiently for the players to come forward, and for the match to start.

         "If we play at our strongest form, Hufflepuff don't stand a chance." Wood spoke in that confident tone students knew too well. The rest of the Gryffindor team followed him out of the changing rooms and towards the pitch — brooms in hand.

     "And don't forget that Harry'll petrify them if they fly anywhere near him!" Fred grinned evilly. Harry chuckled, trying to figure out whether the Weasley twin was joking or not; he'd always found it somewhat difficult to tell.

    "Well, there's that too." Wood laughed.

   "Sorry, but this match has been cancelled." Professor McGonagall announced, seemingly appearing from thin air. Harry could hear some of his teammate's huff in annoyance, and he couldn't help but do the same.

    "What?" Wood asked disapprovingly. "You can't cancel Quidditch." He complained.

"Silence, Wood."

"Now, I want you and the rest of your housemates to return to your dormitories immediately." Although he didn't particularly want to, Wood nodded, as the rest of the Gryffindor team followed him back up to their dormitories. As Harry began to do what was instructed, he felt a light tap on his shoulder, indicating that Professor McGonagall must've wanted him for something.

"Potter, you and I will go and find the rest of your friends; there's something all of you have to see." Harry could sense McGonagall's change of tone, and it wasn't a good change. It was of the complete opposite.

* * *

"Now, this may come as a wee bit of a shock." As Harry, Miles, Ron and I entered the hospital wing, things drastically took a turn for the worst. Staring at two of many beds in front of us, we were greeted by our worst fear from the very beginning. Yes, another two students had indeed been petrified, but not just an ordinary two.