III. THE SORTING HAT

CHAPTER NUMBER THREE:
escape the ordinary people
( the sorting ceremony )

CHAPTER NUMBER THREE:— escape the ordinary people ( the sorting ceremony )

( EDITED )

        THE TRAIN RIDE had finally came to an end. I was trying to shake the thought of Lisa's previous Ravenclaw comment out of my head, but it didn't seem to vanish like I hoped it would. We both departed off the train together, and were greeted by what could only assume was a giant, about seven foot tall with black bushy hair that ran down to his stomach. A pair of first years at the front of the crowd were told his name was Hagrid.

  Hagrid was currently wearing an exceptionally large moleskin overcoat with several pockets that looked as if they held many things. It made me wonder where on earth he had managed to find it.

   He was clearly over seven foot, after all.

        "All firs' years this way!" His booming voice echoed around the platform, as all first years scurried to follow him. He led us to a row of boats that were adroitly positioned in a straight line. Everyone arranged themselves into pairs, as instructed by Hagrid. Of course, Lisa and I shared a boat.

And the fleet of little boats moved off all at once, gliding across the lake. Everyone was silent, staring up at the great castle in-front of our very eyes. It towered over us as we sailed nearer and nearer to the cliff on which it stood.

         The castle was alluring, to say the least. It's beautiful features reflected elegantly onto the clear surface of the water. My ears twitched slightly at the gasping I was beginning to hear.

       It was rather beautiful.

            "This is quite beautiful scenery, don't you think?" Lisa asked me, gently nudging my shoulder

            "This is quite beautiful scenery, don't you think?" Lisa asked me, gently nudging my shoulder. No words were able to escape my mouth; as I was still utterly shocked by what I was staring at. So I just simply and slowly nodded my head.