XXI. ANOTHER YEAR GONE BY

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE:
— can you believe it's been 2 years ?
( time really does seem to fly )

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE:— can you believe it's been 2 years ?( time really does seem to fly )

"OH MERLIN." I muttered under my breath. There, standing in front of the four of us, was Elphias Lynch — and it honestly felt like it had been at least an eternity since I'd last seen him. Discreetly, I took a step back, almost tripping over my foot.

"Oh, it seems I have interrupted something." He stated, cocking his head to the side.

         "Buzz off Lynch." Ron demanded, folding his arms tightly over his chest. "Bloody nightmare, that one is." Ron then turned to face Harry, whispering into his ear.

    "Just keep on walking, Lynch." Miles sneered, tapping his foot impatiently on the ground.

   "Aw, why so tense?" Elphias questioned, taking a step closer to the four of us. "Is it because your little dream team is incomplete?" His voice was morphing into a sarcastic tone. "Say, what happened to the other two?"

      "You know damn well what happened to them, Lynch." I spat.

      He let out an evil snigger. "Well, let's just be thankful that they aren't dead then."

     Elphias raised his brows, and continued walking, although he stopped as he lightly brushed past my shoulder, examining my posture. He looked me up and down in somewhat disgust before muttering, "Oh, and I'd suggest cleaning yourself up before the feast later." He coughed, although he could've easily been mistaken for a snigger, he then continued walking and quickly disappeared around the corner.

   "What did he say?" Harry asked.

  "Yeah, what was it?" Miles added.

        "Wait hold on, we aren't missing the feast in the Great Hall, are we?" Concluded Ron, rather oblivious to the current situation.

         "No it's alright, he's just being a git as usu—"

     "Oh, I've been looking for the four of you everywhere!" A familiar voice called out. The four of us turned around, and saw none other than Professor McGonagall, standing closely next to the now entirely safe Ginny Weasley.

   Not to mention she was looking at Miles and I as if we both had two heads.

    "Ginny." I called out, shooting her a cheesy smile in which she returned with ease.