V. FELIX FELICIS

CHAPTER NUMBER FIVE:
good things take time
( a little bit of luck )

CHAPTER NUMBER FIVE:— good things take time ( a little bit of luck )

I AWOKE EARLY the following morning, and as I began to slowly open my eyes, it came to my knowledge that Lisa was nowhere to be seen. She wasn't located in her bed, nor anywhere around our dorm.

    I got up, and exited carelessly, my eyes were still shuttering open and closed due to tiredness. Suddenly, I saw Lisa's and Miles' head, arise from the sofa in the main area of the common room. My heart skipped a beat once I'd seen them. I instantly jumped back.

   "Happy birthday Emmalina!" Lisa cheered happily. "Guess what? Me and Miles got you a present, come look!" She gestured me to come down to the man area of the common room.

     "We hope you like what we got you!" Miles added hopefully. "There's also a few that were already here before we arrived." I smiled down at the two of them and scurried down to the centre of the common room, trying to contain my excitement to prevent waking up other sleeping students.

   I looked towards the sofa, and around six to seven presents were impeccably wrapped in all different styles of wrapping paper. I began opening a few of them.

"That's the one we got you!" Lisa said, pointing to the present I was currently holding in the palms of my hand. "We really do hope you like it." She smiled hopefully.

"Well go on then, open it!" Miles exclaimed. I nodded quickly whilst doing as he had said. I began roughly tearing of all the wrapping paper, eager to see what was hidden inside, and to my surprise, the two had gotten me a beautiful golden charm, which was identical to the Ravenclaw badge.

The animal used in the crest is an eagle which represents intelligence and wisdom; it 'soars where others cannot climb.' I couldn't help but let a huge smile cross my face, as I pulled the both of them in for a group hug. "How did you manage to get this in such a short amount of time?" We unlinked.

"Miles took me down to Hogsmeade, you want to see it 'Lina, it's amazing!" We had to sneak down with the third years since us first years and second years aren't aloud to go down there." She explained, catching her breath afterwards.

"I don't know what to say, thank you both so much for this!" I said, unable to wipe the cheesy smile off my face.

"You are more than welcome." Miles smiled warmly. "Don't forget to open that one over there." He pointed over to the final present beside him. I nodded my head and grabbed it carefully, as I wasn't too sure of the item inside; I didn't want to grab it so carelessly.