Amnesia || Luke Hemmings

Prologue

"Mum? A-are you okay?" I asked, shaking in fear.

"Yes. Go back to bed" She said harshly, shooing me away with her hands. "And take Logan with you"

I scaredly took my little brother, Logan, in my arms and walked towards my room. Logan was just a little child... What has he done to get a life like this?

When I got to my room, I carefully put Logan down in his bed and tucked him in his bed covers and some sheets. I had to make sure he was warm since we lived in southern England... with no heat... and barely no money.

I lied down in my own bed, covering myself in loads of blankets. When I had almost fallen asleep, I could hear people shouting. It was mum and dad. They always fighted but they never did anything to make it better. I listened at what they said.

"You always think of youself you selfish drug addicted whore!" I heard my dad scream at my mother.

Unfortunely I was old enough to understand those hard words and what my mum had done. It was true. Mum was a selfish drug addicted whore... That's how Logan was made. She one day went out, completely high and when she came home, she had a guy with her.

"Oh shut up. You're never even home? Why'd you care!?" My mum screamed back at my dad.

Their fighting usually kept going for an hour or so, but not this time.

"I've had enough of you!" She screamed.

That's when I had decided I'd heard enough. I put my hands against my ears, trying to shut out their screams. After a while, I took away my hands. The house was full of silence. I walked to my door, opening it slightly.

"Mum? Dad?" I whispered, peaking my head out of the door.

No one answered. I walked out of my room, looking carefully around. The front door was open and I saw my dad lying on the ground. He was dead. My own dad was dead and my mother was completely gone.

~

About a week later, I went with Logan to the adoption centre... I had to. I was only 12 years old, I couldn't take care of a 1 year old baby? But what I hadn't realised back then was that I would never see him again. They said that it was best for both me and Logan... So that we didn't get to attached to eachother. Also, that was the day. The day when I started... cutting.

What about me? I had to live with a foster family for three years... I lived with a middle-aged couple. They didn't have any kids of their own.

I liked them very much because they helped me get a job. But as soon as I got enough money to live on my own, I quit my job and moved out. I asked them if they could help me move to another country because I was so done with England. Suprisingly, they said yes. So I moved... to Sydney, Australia.

My name is Alison Summer, I'm 17 and this is my story.