C H A P T E R F I V E

-

-

"And if I succeed, what shall I gain?"

"What you've longed the most for."

"Which is?"

"Xerxes."

-

                    Beautiful

                    Beautiful. He thought, too beautiful.

Xerxes was undecided of what think of her, but he wasn't a fool to deny that the girl was exquisite. He could feel the unique pure aura that only a gift possesses coming from her, even at his distance, she was unconsciously beckoning him in her sleep for him to be near her.

Or this could all be a mage's dumb trick.

The king scoffed and looked away. He wouldn't be surprised. It hadn't even passed a year when creatures from all over the country had begun to claim to have discovered his lost queen. A dunce he was to hope for at least one of those desperate extramundanes to have actually found her. He learned from it though. Took matters into his own hands, left his domain and searched throughout his whole kingdom for her, even up till now, he hasn't stopped the search parties from looking for her; his own brother being in one of them.

Except, there was still this one place he hadn't been to. One place where his or any kind, besides a berserker lycan, could never enter.

He knew who resided there, who's built an empire of rogue wolves in order to one day destroy him. Xerxes almost bellowed out a laugh at that thought. No one of any species could remotely even come close to defeating him. He was made king for a reason, by the Luna herself for that matter, and he will serve Her until his final breath.

That's why a servant of the Mother could never step foot in a place filled with complete and utter darkness.

So why did this gift in his bed chamber reeked of that wretched place?