Chapter 4

LAURA'S POV
When I finally begin to come back to life, my head hurts like hell, my eyes sting, I'm dizzy, sweaty, I feel disgusting. Everything is blurry at first, but after rubbing my eyes and blinking over and over, I can see where I am. I look around, I'm in a fairly bright room, on a surprisingly comfortable bed. I'm not even strapped down. There is no furniture in the room besides this bed and a squishy-looking chair in the corner. No windows. There is one door right across from me. The room is in good condition though. The hard wood floors are actually really pretty, the walls are simply a dull shade of maroon, like the lipstick I had on earlier that night. Or was it the night before? How long had I been asleep, or unconscious, or whatever I was? After a few minutes, events from the club returned to my memory, like meeting all those guys,  throwing up, getting taken away...
Alyssa dying....
My mom, my brother, they were gonna eventually wonder where I was. So did I. No one else was in the room with me. I got up and stumbled to the door. It was solid metal. That's pretty odd, to have a metal door in the middle of a house, but it meant I wasn't going to be breaking it open anytime soon. I obviously tried to open it. I hit the walls in attempt to break them, but like I said, this place was in good condition, and I still felt weak. I couldn't get out, not now anyway. I yelled for help, my last option. Maybe someone was outside, maybe someone could save me. Yea, right. I was stuck here. I was in the verge of tears, but crying would only weaken me, it wouldn't solve anything. I held it in and kept screaming. I banged in the door, till someone walked inside.

 I banged in the door, till someone walked inside

I blinked a few times in awe. His beauty was inexplicable, I began to sweat just with his presence. He wasn't one of the guys I saw at the club... He's, the seventh man, I guess. Wait, what the fuck, Laura?? How could I honestly think one of the men who was in on kidnapping me and killing my best friend was attractive. I honestly disgust myself, I hate myself for even thinking that. But, even still... He was undeniably attractive. I couldn't take my eyes off of him.
I was still staring when he spoke. "Took you long enough to wake up. Jin put too many doses. Sorry about that." His voice was sort of deep, it had a beautiful tone to it. One that was wasted with his inhumanity.
"That's what you're sorry for?" I growl, glaring daggers at him. "Not for kidnapping me, not for killing my best friend, but for putting me to sleep for too long?" I say, getting louder with each word. More anger welled up inside me by the second when his face remained calm. I had a strong urge to rip him apart when he smirked.
"When you're the leader of a group of guys that do stuff like this all the time, you can't feel sorry for the things we do. That's not how this world works, Laura. I'm not sorry. I'm satisfied." He said as he sat in the chair. He has such a smug look on his face. I hate him twice as much as I just did.
"Satisfied? You're satisfied that you just ruined my life?" I feels tears stream down my cheeks. I wipe them away. No, I can't show them my feelings. Show them that I'm strong. Resistant.
But the problem is, I'm not.
"No, I'm satisfied that my plan has finally began. Listen, I need to explain why we took you, why we need you, and what you have to lose if you don't do what we tell you to do. But for right now, you're gonna come with me to get some food and change into different clothes." He said. I walked to the door, ready to be let out. The man looked amused, he even chuckled. "You think I'm just gonna let you out?" He smiled evily. He walked up to me and pulled a thick piece of rope out from his jacket. He tied it around my hands extremely tightly. I instantly felt my circulation cut off, pins and needles seemingly biting at my hands. He then grabbed a huge chunk of my hair and pulled me out. I was forced to walk quickly to keep up with him since he was pulling me by my hair. I looked at my surroundings. The place was a mansion, and the structure was beautiful. The stair case was long and curved, the ceilings were high, there was a decent amount of windows. I looked out one, and saw no other houses near it. No one would find us. This place seemed like a Vila type of thing, a vacation home. You could see the ocean. There were lots of doors, many rooms, and I couldn't help but wonder what secrets were inside. I was almost positive they were all locked though. I probably wouldn't be uncovering any of those mysteries any time soon. We got all the way downstairs and went into the kitchen and dining room area. It was bright in here, not the type of place you would expect a gang to be living in. I wondered where they got the money to pay for this, but that was a question for another time.
      He shoved me into a seat. He was really rough with me and I didn't like it, but I had no say in the way this man treated me, so I just had to deal with it. He studied me for a moment. "Call me Namjoon." He said before he grabbed something frozen out of the fridge and threw it into the microwave. Just then, Jungkook came in. He was in a plain white t-shirt and some sweat pants. He looked like he had just woken up, his hair was messy, he looked tired. When he saw me, he paused, probably unsure what to say.
         "Um, hi." He said. Incredible. Just say hi after he was the actual person that shot Alyssa. Bastard. That mother fucking bastard. He cleared his throat. "Namjoon, Emily called, she said she's coming over today to meet laura herself." He said as he sat a seat away from me.
      Emily? I assumed she also worked for them, but I asked anyway. "Who's that?"
      "You'll find out soon enough, I just said she was coming to meet you." Jungkook said. I hate him, making me look like more of a dumbass.
      "Why does she want to meet me?" I ask.
      Jungkook sighs. "You really haven't explained anything?" He asked Namjoon.
      "I figured we should let her get comfortable before I told her everything."
     "Why do you even care about her comfort? Some food and clothes won't make her feel any better."
      "Whoa, alright then, asshole." Namjoon laughed for a second. "I'm trying to be nice."
      It'd be so nice to shove a goddamn nuclear bomb down your throat. The thought gives me a sprinkle of inner peace.
     "Ha, yea I bet Laura thinks you're being real nice." Jungkook said, reading my mind. It's not like he's doing any better.
      "Okay, okay, I get it Kookie." Namjoon said. Kookie? Such a childish nickname. It'd be cute, this boy and his nickname both, if there were different circumstances. I didn't really understand how he was the same person that he was yesterday, he seemed so normal right now. I started to wonder how old these guys were, to perhaps get a better idea of what I was up against.
         "How old are all of you?" I asked. Jungkook sighed and looked at me.
      "That's really none of your business." He said. I was about to complain but Namjoon spoke first. He was smiling.
      "I really don't mind telling you, Kookie just doesn't want to because he gets embarrassed." He said.
      "Why would he be embarrassed?" I asked, glancing at Jungkook.
      "He's only 19." Namjoon said. I literally laugh out loud. He's not even 20 yet! I'm older than him by 2 years, and he's already working with this kind of stuff. Poor kid. But still, it was amusing how he was so young.
      "No! I'm 20! How many times do I have to tell you?" Jungkook complained.
      "In Korea you are, here in America you're only 19." Namjoon said smiling. I'm surprised I was even capable of chuckling so soon after what happened. I was really mad at myself for being semi relaxed right now, I'm supposed to be mad, crying, screaming, but instead I'm sitting here laughing with these men. I want to be more resistant right now, but I'm just not as pissed as I should be. I am, but not enough. These guys just don't seem that intimidating when they're calm. You're a fucking horrible person, Laura. I hope you know.
      "Anyway, Kookie is 19, V is 21, Jimin is also 21, I'm 22, J-Hope is 23, and Suga and Jin are both 24." Namjoon tells me. Damn, they're young, too young to already be killing people. But, they're all around my age, all in they're 20's, besides Kookie, and for some reason that made me feel a bit for comfortable. Comfort? At a time like this?? I need to snap out of this fucking trance and really understand what situation I'm in. I need to think. I need time to sort things out. First, I need Namjoon to explain.
      "Here." He says and gives me a pancake. A plain pancake. Just one. But since I'm starving, I eat it in less than a minute. Then I get down to business.
      "I'm tired of waiting. Tell me why you need me." I demand boldly, surprising myself.
      Namjoon sighs. "After you change. Come on." He grabs my hair again and I wince as he pulls me into a bedroom with a closet in it. "No women live here, so just pick something." He said. Great, now I have to wear men's clothes. Well, at least the black t-shirt and shorts I pick looks much more comfortable than the tight clothes I had on. Namjoon makes no move to leave the room.
       "Where do I change?" I ask awkwardly.
      "Right here." He said.
      "Okay, well then do you mind leaving for a second?" I ask, annoyed.
      "Yes, I do, actually. I can't just leave you unattended." He said matter-of-factly.
      "Could you at least turn around? I'm not changing in front of you."
      "No, I can't. There's a window in this room, so if I wasn't looking you could easily get out. So yes, you are changing in front of me." He said calmly. Perverted son of a bitch.
      "Well, then can't we go to a different room with no windows so you can?" I snap. Why was he making this so difficult?
       He thought about it for a second. "No."
      "Why not!?"
      "Because I said so."
     "Are you serious?" I ask in awe. When he doesn't respond I scoff. "You're disgusting."
      "So I've been told. Well hurry up, we don't have all day." He said. I couldn't believe this. I turn around so he wasn't directly looking at me. I was so embarrassed.
      "Ahh, you're no fun." He whined.
      "And you're a pervert!" I snap.
      He laughs. "What type of a bra is that?" He asked. I could feel his eyes on my back. Wow, he was already judging me and he hasn't even seen the front of it.
      "A normal one." I saw, putting the shirt on. I struggle to take those tight pants off.
      "Yea, but it's so boring. With a body like yours you could wear something more lacey. More showy." He said. I was positive he was smirking behind me.
       "In your god damn dreams." I mutter. I pull up the shorts and turn around. When I do, Namjoon slowly comes toward me, backing me against the wall. I'm beyond confused as he comes very close, towering over me. He leans in till his lips are an inch away from mine.
      "W-What are you doing?" I stutter, moving my head to the side so his lips are further from mine. My entire body shakes a bit, and my palms sweat. On top of all this bullshit, I'm going to get raped. God, if you're even out there... He grins before I can begin praying, as if I haven't been an atheist all my life.
      He leans in closer till his mouth is next to my ear. "Teasing you." He whispers. Has he no remorse? He blows in my ear, sending chills down my spine, and laughs as he leans away. "You're funny. This whole mission might actually be fun." He said. I stare at him in utter disbelief, and his eyes are nothing but playful and intriguing. I can't see the murderer or kidnapper in him. But I very well know it's there. He grabs my hair again and drags me to the living room, where I sit across from all the other boys. It was time for the explanation. All their eyes on me at once made me so uncomfortable. I felt anything but safe. I couldn't tell if they were gazing at me murderously or pervertedly, or both. That's when my fear really dawned on me.
        I was fucking terrified.