Chapter 41

LAURA'S POV
Cars.
So, so many cars parked around the mansion.
"What the fuck is going on here?" I asked, looking around in utter shock. There was 3 buff men wearing suits standing by the entrance door holding clip boards. As a couple wearing elegant clothes approached, they exchanged some words, looked through the clip boards, then let them pass.
"Some sort of party." Jimin said, sounding just as pissed as me. "You gotta be shitting me..."
"Probably business related." Namjoon spat, looking focused like he was thinking of what to do. "Shit, we're going to have to postpone the mission till this is over."
"Wait, don't make a decision so quickly..." V said, looking thoughtful as well. "Maybe this can work to our advantage."
"Explain." Namjoon said monotonously.
"Think about it- for one, since there's a lot of people still entering it won't be hard to sneak inside without even looking suspicious. Second, maybe we'll be able to kill William and escape more... Quietly."
"How? There's so many people who are potential wittnesses."
"Usually at parties like this people aren't allowed on a certain floor, maybe in this case the third since it's the last. Maybe we could get Laura to bring her father to a floor with no people and get rid of him there, while a few of us are eliminating security cameras and keeping the lookout. At the same time 2 people could be spreading the gasoline on the same floor with no one. When we light the place on fire, we can run away with the rest of the crowd and not even be noticed. This actually could work better than the original plan."
We all stayed silent and thought it over for a few moments. Finally, Jin spoke. "There's just one problem with that."
"What?"
"Staying quiet means no guns."
Taehyung looked me in the eye. "We brought knives. They work just the same."
"I-I'm not sure I'd be able to pull it off..." I stuttered nervously. My dad could take that out of my hands more easily, and it takes longer to kill someone with it. I haven't even been training with them.
"How hard can it be to stab something? Do it in the face, the heart, or repetitively on the stomach and you'll be fine."
I almost gagged at that sentence.
"Tae, you're being irrational here." Hoseok said. "If we risk this now we might end up screwing everything."
"But there's a chance that it'll end so much better. In all, this seems easier than what we first had in mind." V seemed very confident in his plan. I took a deep breath.
"Well, Taehyung might be right, this is lowering the risks of getting caught if we can get out easily like he said..." I muttered, my mind being drawn to the horrible thought of prison.
There was a long pause.
"How are we supposed to fit in with everyone? This place is fancy."
V had the nerve to smile. "Don't forget about the suits in the back."

Exactly 9. We got lucky.
Namjoon gave everyone a suit. "Change in the car." He said to me and Nicole first. We went inside and started undressing. I tried to cover myself up since there was windows but no one was even looking. Till I saw from the corner of my eye a smirking Jimin staring at me.
I let out a tiny gasp and slammed my hand on the window over his eyes. He easily just tilted his head to the side and laughed as he kept staring. My cheeks flushed as I buttoned up the shirt. Namjoon came over, grabbed Jimin by the shoulders and turned him around before sneaking a glance himself and laughing. Pervs.
Me and Nicole finished dressing, then all the guys changed at once. Once everyone was ready, we were all standing outside the car. Jungkook started laughing.
"You two look horrible in those!" He giggled. I rolled my eyes with a chuckle. We were handed hair ties.
"Put your hair up. Maybe if you pull it back people will think you're guys as you pass them by. It's not as weird as seeing a female in a men's suit." V said.
We did as we were told and cringed at how unfeminine we looked. Then, Namjoon passed around the earpieces.
"We're going to all spread out in pairs so we don't look suspicious. Use these to communicate with the rest of us. If you see William, Veronica, or a security guard coming towards Laura and William's area, alert us."
I was handed 2 knives. I hid them in my coat. Then, Jimin placed a gun in my hand. I looked up at him.
"If it comes to death or survival, use it." He said seriously.
I nodded and put that in the waist of my pants, covering it up with the coat. I felt like potential energy, something at its limit just waiting to be put into motion. I felt a sensation of adrenaline.
We walked a block away from the house to be out of sight, then headed in the direction of the back of the house. Going through a small wood of trees, we reached the clearance. From there we could see the back of the house, which was guarded by a tall, clean wooden fence. Not many people were in the back and it was already dark, so we took the risk and climbed over it. We hadn't been seen.
When we were officially in the property's backyard, we split up. Everyone left in pairs to have someone to talk to. It would look suspicious if there was just a person wandering around alone with no business partner to converse with. I went alone however. I wanted to be noticed.
By William himself.
I entered first through the back door, which was unlocked for the party-goers to be able to step out for fresh air. There was a few people who eyed me a bit, but I walked right in without acknowledging them.
I did recognize the interior, but it was now full of rich, professional adults who all had an expensive glass of wine or champagne in hand. This was definitely a business related party, I just felt that vibe. I received some glances so I tried to make my way past them quickly enough so they hopefully didn't notice that I'm a female. It didn't really matter though, all I was here for was to find my dad.
I wandered into the house, pretending to have some destination. Really, I was just waiting for everyone to confirm that they entered the house and were on the lookout for William so I could find him.
Just then, I heard Suga's voice tune in. "I'm in, working my way up to the security room on the third floor. Remember, don't put anything into action till I turn off the cameras. There can't be any evidence left."
"Alright. Be careful." I replied under my breath. Next, Hoseok spoke, then Jungkook... 2 minutes later everyone was inside and positioned about the area like they belonged here. Just act natural and no one will know why we're really here.