Chapter 15

LUCAS' (Laura's brother) POV
"You have to eat!" I yell at my mother. Her eyes were red and puffy, her hair was messy and dirty, the bags under her eyes were dark. She just stared at her food.
"We might never have a family dinner again." She said quietly. She started to tear up again. I sighed. She's been so hard to deal with ever since Laura was kidnapped.
"Mom, family dinners stopped ever since Dad left! And we didn't ever have them when Laura was still here anyway! You always just locked yourself in you damn room and forgot about the family you have left!"
Her eyes went wide. "Dad... Dad... WILLIAM!!" She exclaimed. She started frantically shaking and breathing heavily and unsteadily. Not again.
"Mom." I say. She ignores me. "MOM!!" I yell. She looks at me and slows her breathing. "Stop it." I said firmly. She nods slowly and takes a deep, shaky breath.
"Our family is so broken. It's so messed up." She said as she started to panic again. "What happened!? What happened to me!?" Tears fell down her eyes and she held her head in her hands. I just stared at her and wondered to myself the exact same question. What happened to you, mom?
She's not well. When dad left, she drank so much, she slept too much with not enough activity, the depression... She hasn't been taking care of herself. When her only daughter was taken, things got even worse. For the past 4 days in counting, she has been having panic attacks and has been very forgetful. She needs medicine, a therapist, anything. Something to help her. But we don't have the money, so what can I do? I already stopped going to school to do my best to help her. If I keep up at this rate, I'll never go to college. I can't leave her alone and go to work, I'm worried that she'll... Hurt herself. She's been murmuring suicidal things to herself lately, and it's scaring me. She's not thinking straight, she's not mentally healthy right now. Anything can happen if she's not being watched.
I went over to her and hugged her in attempt to calm her down. I stoked her hair as she sobbed. We needed Laura. She had money in a little safe, the money she has made from her work. She was a one bitch to keep it to herself. Can she not see that her family is struggling to live? Mom and I both don't know the combination, and we can't afford to get someone to unlock it for us. Ever since dad disappeared, we haven't been able to afford pretty much anything.
As for me... Laura and I were never particularly close. Well, we were, once, but that was a long time ago. Ever since shit happened, nothing was the same. Nothing. I wasn't as affected by Laura's disappearance, but I needed her now. We all needed her. I just hoped the police would find her soon.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NICOLE'S POV, police station.
I walked inside the station with little hope. I checked in every day. Every single day to see if they had any more information on Laura's kidnapping. Yes, I was always kinda rude to her, but I loved her like she was family. I've known her since we were small and innocent.... Since forever ago. Now that Alyssa was gone, I had no one other than my mom and dad to talk to. I missed both of them so much. I was determined to do everything I can to help, hence the daily trip to the police station.
"Hey Kyle." I said to the man standing behind the front counter.
"Good afternoon Nicole." He said as he looked up from his computer. "Reason for being here?" He asked sarcastically.
I chuckled. "Do you even have to ask?"
He smiled. "Go on in." He said as he clicked a button on his desk. A buzzer went off and the door to officially get into the station unlocked. I walked inside. I waved and greeted lots of the officers, custodians, and other workers as I passed by. I had been getting used to this place. I even had some friends here. I walked all the way to the back of the large room and entered another door labeled "LAURA ALMANZA'S KIDNAPPING".
"Hi Dave. Talk to me." I said as I shut the door behind me. Dave, the chief of Laura's case, smiled and gestured for me to come to his desk. I walked over.
"Good news. We finally finished finding the identities of the 7 men the night of the incident."
"Good news? Understatement of the year! This is the best news we've had so far!" I said happily, finally we had some official information on these guys! He pulled up a tab in his computer with 7 photos of each man.
"In age order, they are Jeon Jungkook, Kim Taehyung, Park Jimin, Kim Namjoon, Jung Hoseok, Min Yoongi, and Kim Seokjin." He said. I recognized 3 of the names from the club. Looks like we found the right people. "These are the most recent photos taken of them, their school pictures from 6 years ago. They were all much younger, so they must look a lot different now, but at least we have an idea of what they look like." I nodded.
       "From the information we have, 6 years ago it seems like they formed a gang. We're guessing that Wlliam, Laura's father, was their first client and they might have something to do with his disappearance. Throughout the years there has been a large series of murders across the U.S. Every time it's the same 7 guys who are involved. So basically, Laura has been kidnapped by some of the most deadly, dangerous, skilled killers in the world." My heart started beating super fast and my breathing became unsteady. Laura might even be dead by now...
      "Luckily, no airports in the country have any records of them, no ship transportations either. That means that they're still in the United States." He said. Yeah, that does us a lot of good. Out of 50 states with millions and millions of people.
      "We're definitely gonna need to narrow the location down to at least what state they're in." I say.
      Dave nods. "Precisely, so that's why we're going to start putting alerts on T.V, asking if anyone has any information. Hopefully someone can tell us they've seen activity from these guys in a certain place."
      "I think that's a great idea." I said. "It's about time this case goes viral."
      "Definitely. Well, I'll let you know when we get more info. See you tomorrow."
     I smile. "Bye Dave." I say before I leave the station.