Chapter 26

The first thing I notice is that V is armed with two guns. He was followed more closely this time and paid more attention to my every move. However, he did stay somewhat hidden behind corners and halls so it was practically like he wasn't even there. I was passing by the main bathroom upstairs when I saw the doorknob turn. Startled, I quickly hid behind some nearby curtains. I know, the worst possible hiding spot. You could even see my feet since the curtain wasn't that long.
It was Jin who got out of the restroom. He rubbed his eyes and walked past me sleepily without even noticing my presence. Thank god. After he locked himself in his room, I made sure the coast was clear and I continued.
There was two halls I could go down. I recall Taehyung had said there was no way how to tell these apart besides just knowing I had to go down the left one. Or was it the right? They were both short and empty with no objects to help me remember which one to go in. I looked around for V, wanting some help, but I couldn't even see him. "Tae?" I whispered. No reply. Either he literally just ditched me or he was watching from a very hidden spot. I doubted he would leave me unattended, so I made sure not to do anything stupid. After a little while, I was pretty sure he had said left, so I went down that hall. Honestly, this place was a labyrinth.
When I got to the end of the hallway, I saw a room I recognized from training. Good, I was on the right path. I took a right and very carefully tip toed past what I remembered to be Namjoon's room. I could hear noise inside, probably a movie or something. That meant he was awake, so I was cautious to not make a noise. Then stupidly, I tripped.
It made a particularly loud thump on the floor. I scrambled to my feet and, finding no available hiding spots, ran back to the hallway in which I came from. I wasn't at all hidden but at least I wasn't in the danger zone anymore. After a good minute and a half, I decided the coast was clear and continued. The next couple of minutes went by very slowly, but smoothly. I was positive all the boys were in their rooms, either sleeping or distracted by somehting, so I started to be less careful and quiet the closer I got to the kitchen. After taking way longer than I should have, I got downstairs. From here my objective wasn't far.
I crossed the living room, peeking through the door before entering. Finally, I reached the kitchen. Since I was all the way downstairs and I assumed no one would here me, I casually cracked my knuckles out of habit. Rookie mistake.
I suddenly hear a gun click and someone say "Who's there?" Shit shit shit. I couldn't tell who's voice it was since I was so terrified of screwing up. I was so close...
I ducked behind the very small space behind one of the couches. I breathed very softly, making sure no one would hear me. I heard footsteps walking around slowly, examining the area. "Who's there?" The guy asked again, louder this time. He turned on a light. I heard the door to the living room open and I knew he was here. I took a peek and saw J-Hope. I stiffened up and held my breath. He took a brief look around. Eventually, he lost interest and went out, once again turning off the lights.
After some time passed, I got out of my hideout and went back to my mission. I quickly and quietly arrived at the kitchen entrance. There, standing inside leaning on the counter while snacking on leftovers, was Hoseok again. Shit.
I pressed myself against a wall and thought about what to do. Waiting, I guess, was my only, option. He would eventually go back to his room. I decided to settle in a nice spot under a table when I accidentally hit my head on the top of it, causing something on it to fall on the floor. Shit.
      That time Hoseok didn't hesitate. "SOMEONE'S HERE!!!" He screamed at the top of his lungs while pulling out his gun. I hear a bunch of footsteps jogging down the stairs and guns clicking. Oh shit, what if I come out but they automatically shoot me by instinct?! No, I wouldn't ruin this mission. It wasn't over yet. As quickly as I can, I get out from under the table and run in a closet that's a bit closer to the kitchen. I shut the door and stiffen.
      I can tell they turned the lights on and are all looking around. I hear quiet murmurs. "Where did it come from?" Jimin said quickly, he sounded very focused even though he was probably just about to go to bed.
      "I think around here- Wait, look, this fell off the table." J-Hope said. I could hear them in the same room as me. Sweat beaded up on my forehead.
      "Search the area, they could have gone far. Spread out." I heard V demand. What the fuck?! I thought he was supposed to be helping me! I heard everyone spread around the area. Suddenly I heard footsteps coming toward the closet. I could feel the lump grow in my throat. I shut my eyes tightly.
      The door opened. "Hurry up, go!!" Taehyung whispered. I opened my eyes and saw him there. "They'll be back in a few seconds, go!!" He urged me. I nodded and ran to the kitchen before I could thank him. I would've been screwed it someone else opened that door. I technically already cheated once by getting help, I promised myself I would do the rest on my own.
      Luckily for me, nobody was in the kitchen. I went immediately to the pantry, stocked up on as much junk food I could carry and stuffed it all in my shirts and pants so I wouldn't have to carry it. I looked pretty fat, but it worked just fine. Suddenly, I heard someone coming. Fuck my life.
      The only place I could find to hide was inside a cabinet, so I opened it and squished myself inside just on time. I couldn't tell who it was, but they were slowly walking around, examining the area.
      Unconsciously, I shifted my position a bit. A couple bags of chips made a super loud crunching noise. FUCK!! NO!!! SHIT!!!! UGHHHH !!!!
      I held my breath. "What the fuck?" I heard a familiar voice murmur to himself. Jimin. I could fell him getting closer to the cabinet. I didn't make a sound. Then, when I really thought he wasn't going to check in there, he opened the cabinet and let the light of the room inside. When he saw a person in it he screamed and immediately pointed his gun at me. I screamed and hid my head in my hands. We just stayed like that for a few moments, just screaming and not doing anything. After a couple seconds, he finally put down the gun and we both stopped yelling.
      "Laura?" He asked in a confused voice.
      I smiled sheepishly. "Hey, Jimin..."
      He was speechless. "How did you... Why are, where, wait, what... When..." He stammered, not knowing what question to ask first. "Why the hell Do you look so fat?" He asked. Yeah, obviously how I look is the most important thing right now.
      "Um, I uh, ahehe..." I laughed awkwardly. "TAEHYUNGGGGG!!!!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N
    Ahhh I'm sorry for the shortest chapter on the planet and late update. Next chapter will be longer. AND I need to just say HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUNGKOOK!!!!!😭❤️🙏☀️😝I'm so happy for our boy! He is 20 now!!😱😁 Also: if anyone has Army Amino, please follow my account: emi_army_23
Thanks for reading and share this fanfic!❤️😛🙃