Chapter 37

JIMIN'S POV
I've never seen a week go by so slow.
Laura's probably thinking the exact opposite, she's been all over the place. But for me, these past 7 days seem to have gone by in slow motion. At least we've actually been making a lot of progress, though. Laura has been fitting 2 rounds of every lesson in each day, and they keep getting longer. A stricter schedule was put together, and I don't really get any chance to see her anymore unless it's my turn to give a lesson. But even in my classes I don't have time to mess with her because I'm busy actually teaching.
       She's been seriously focused, and she's visibly improving. I'm impressed with how quickly she's learning. We all know that we've reallyyy been taking our time with all this, Laura has already been here for months. If she was just some girl this mission would've been done a long time ago, and her body would already be at the bottom of a river or underground. But she's not just some girl.
       Is it just me, or have Nicole and Taehyung been spending twice as much time together? Something has to have gone down between them, because they're always looking really cute and couple-like and I just started assuming they were a thing. I wondered why they didn't say anything though, what's so secret about it-
         Ha, I'm one to talk...
        As for our wounds, they've been healing pretty good. Laura still has scabs and bruises pretty much everywhere, but she says she couldn't care less, that she can't even feel it. I'm pretty amazed by how quickly she recovers from anything, like Alyssa's death, her first murder, beating beaten with a chair, meeting her dad for the first time in years... She's incredibly strong.
       I'm out of the wheelchair now, and I don't have as many patches on my stomach and thigh. I still can't really run, I sort of just limp around but it's not nearly as annoying as having to roll everywhere. And I can finally go downstairs, I'm sick of the second floor already.
       It's time for my second lesson of the day, Laura just now finished showering after Suga's lesson. Namjoon finally decided to let us go back to the shooting grounds. We've just been practicing outside, but my trainee is getting good and needs more space. So since we can get out of the house, I'm finally going to take my opportunity.
       "Are you ready??" I ask, knocking on the closed bathroom door. On my third knock, it swung open and revealed a cheerful Laura with damp hair, some jeans and a cropped sweater. Hm, she seems to continue getting new clothes, I don't even know where that stuff came from-
       "Hi, yeah, let's go." She said quickly. She grabbed my hand and tugged me down the stairs. Oh, and this past week she walks around everywhere alone. Namjoon told us that we could let her be more independent now, and I agree that she's probably been ready for that for some time now. It's still kind of sad that I can't walk her everywhere though. As we headed to the front door, we passed Namjoon and he and Laura did a super short, fast handshake.
         "We'll be back later." She said without breaking her stride.
        "I know, see you soon." Namjoon replied to both of us. And with that we were out the door, stepping into a cool October breeze.
        The second the door shut, I started questioning her. "I'm sorry, did I just witness a handshake??"
        She giggled. "Yeah, it looks really cool right?"
        I ignored her question as we got into the car. "So, when did you make this handshake?"
         "At the mall two days ago-"
        "You went to the mall?? With Namjoon? What the fuck?"
        "Oh my god, chill, I needed more clothes. I can't just wear those same couple of outfits over and over for the rest of my life."
The rest of my life.
        I fought a grin and continued scolding her. "You could have just gone with me. That would've been fun."
        "Well it was still fun anyways." She said, not even noticing what I was trying to say. "He wanted to go with me."
         "If I knew about it I would've wanted to go too!" Just then I realized what she was doing and scoffed. "Are you playing hard to get? Are you seriously gonna put me through that?"
       She laughed. "Maybe." I was about to start complaining when she kept talking. "So, am I just not supposed to talk to anyone else anymore?"
        "No, you can't have any physical contact or communication with any other male." I teased.
        "Fine, I'll just be gay then."
        "No! Not that either-"
        "You're so jealous. I never thought I'd see this coming from you." She said with a grin.
        "I shouldn't have dyed my hair pink." I suddenly said.
         "What does your hair have anything to do with this conversation?"
       "Because, since I dyed it such a girly color it's changing me. Making me all, I don't know, soft and clingy." I shuddered at the word.
         Laura laughed again. "Idiot, you were clingy from the beginning."
       We soon arrived to the shooting range and I decided to keep lessons short. I started letting her use a real gun, cuz it's pretty obvious she's not gonna shoot me or anything now. So we've been practicing more realistically now, and she is getting seriously skilled. Not to mention, she looks really hot while she uses a gun. She always keeps her wavy hair down, and it whips around her head when she makes sharp movements, and when she has her arms outstretched and that focused look on her face... It's just really great to watch.
        The lesson only lasted around 30 minutes, and I stopped her when she was really getting into things.
         "Laura, were finishing early today-"
Bang, bang, bang. She just kept firing bullets and different targets, rapidly changing her angle.
       "Did you hear me? I said you can stop now-"
Bang, bang, bang bang-
         "Laura-"
Bang bang-
         I rushed over to her and grabbed her wrist holding the gun, which surprised her and made her shoot upward. We stood there for a few moments, the echo of the gunshot lingering in the air.
        "Damn, you messed up my streak. I was on a roll, I hadn't missed any targets for a while."
       I smiled. "You seem to be pretty into this."
        She grinned back. "Yeah, no shit. Why are we finishing early?" She asked as she tossed the gun in the air and caught it.
        "Because, I wanted to go somewhere." I said, turning around and beginning to walk to the entrance. She jogged to catch up with me and walked by my side.
       "What do you mean?"
       "Remember that one night I was in your room-"
        "There's a lot of those."
        "Let me finish. So I was in your room, and I said I wanted to go somewhere with you after a lesson because we would already be out of the house."
        "Oh right!"
       "Well that's what we're doing right now."
       "Where are we going though?" She asked.
       "It's a surprise, stupid, just wait. It's not that far, either."
       We got back to the car and I drove off. Soon, we arrived at my destination. Laura looked at the building with a wide smile. "Seriously?!"
"Yeah, don't be so surprised." I laughed as I opened the car door and stepped out. Was I supposed to open hers too? Before I could decide, she hopped out herself.
"I mean, it just looks so normal here, you know? Like look at all the casual families and couples just coming here-" she stopped mid sentence when she noticed me just staring at her with a grin. She blushed. "Thanks for bringing me."
"No problem." I said at the same time that I slid my hand right into hers. My heart picked up in pace, was this too much? I already took her to the movie theater, what if she thought I was trying too hard? All my worries went away when I saw her trying to hide a smile- which she was failing badly at doing. I sighed with relief. I was way overthinking this.
"What are we watching?" She asked as we got in line to buy tickets.
"Um..." I hesitated, thinking for a moment. "I have no idea. And we probably have about 60 seconds to choose one." There was only 1 person in front of us.
"Oh, wow, shit, um- I don't know! I haven't been online or in public for months! How should I know what movies are playing??" She complained.
"Neither have I! I've been stuck with you too." I said. "Just look at the posters, what looks interesting??"
"Ah, er, uh-"
"Next in line, please!"
"We're up." I said, dragging Laura up with me.
"Hey, can we have two adult tickets for... Um..." I nudged Laura for help and she nudged me back. I sighed. "Have any good movie recommendations?" I asked the woman behind the glass. She looked at us peculiarly.
"Ahem, yes, well our most popular movie playing right now is a romance one called-"
"Yup, we'll take that one!" Laura blurted. I chuckled and looked to her and she just shrugged. We got out tickets and headed inside.
Laura looked overwhelmed and happy and nostalgic all at once. She turned in a full circle, taking it all in. I grabbed her by the shoulders from behind to stop her.
"Jeez, you act like you've never been to the movies before." I said.
"I know, sorry, it's just..." She paused. It was almost a little scary how happy she was to be at a theater. "Let's get popcorn." She changed the subject quickly.
After we bought some drinks and popcorn, we ran (well, Laura ran and I limped behind her) into theater room 11. Just as we had finished buying our stuff we realized that the movie already started, so we attempted to sprint to it. We rushed in and made way  too much noise as we scrambled to some good seats, then finally settled down.
         "Damn, we're already 10 minutes late!" She whispered yelled to me.
        "Yeah, we probably should've asked what time it was playing." I said sheepishly.
        We tried to pay attention to figure out what was happening, and after a few minutes we understood what was going on. We watched as we shared popcorn and switched our drinks around (I had Coke and she had Sprite). The movie was pretty stupid so far, too chićhe for my liking. But I wasn't really paying much attention to it, I kept on glancing at Laura, she looked really cute because she was actually interested in the movie.
        "What the fuck is wrong with her?? Can't she see that Dave loves her more than Adam does??" She whispered to me later in the movie.
        "No! I'm on Adam's side, Dave is such a douche bag-"
        "No he's not, I mean he was a dick at that one part before but-"
       "Yeah, he was a huge dick. You can't forgive that. Adam hasn't don't anything wrong."
         "Well right now Jenna is at Dave's house, and I have a feeling she's going to end up with him. Ha." Laura said with a grin. I looked back to the screen, and when I did I instantly knew that a sex scene was coming up. They were having a deep conversation, getting real with eachother.
        "OMIGOD he's leaning in for the kiss!!" Laura whispered, rapidly tapping my arm and gripping her seat's armrest. Her eyes went wide and a smile was plastered on her face.
       I sighed. "You're way too into this."
       She completely ignored me and started quietly squealing when they're lips met. I wonder if she felt that excited when I kissed her.
       After a sweet kiss, things started picking up. His hand slipped under her shirt, her hands went into his hair, and that's when things went crazy. Clothes ripped off, loud moans, it was full on.
        I tried my hardest not to look at Laura, because if she saw me that would immediately initiate awkwardness. But, I couldn't seem to stop myself, so I slipped the tiniest glance to her, barely even moving my head. But shit, when I looked at her, she was already staring at me. She instantly looked back to the screen, craning her neck and blushing. I stifled a laugh and also looked back to the screen.
        In my side vision, I saw her turning her head a bit, so I did to. A mere second of eye contact, then looking away.
        Ladies and gentlemen, that's something I like to call sexual tension.
       I leaned close to her ear and whispered "Laura-"
       She cleared her throat. "Y-yeah?" She said, without looking away from the screen.
       I paused for a few seconds, just to mess with her, before saying "Can I have some of your drink?"
        She sighed- either with relief or disappointment, I couldn't tell- and handing me her cup. I smiled lightly and took a few sips, never looking away from her. She slowly turned to finally meet my eyes and I smirked, pulling the straw away from my lips. I handed the cup back to her and cocked my head to the side. "Thanks."
       She took the cup and our hands touched, and we continued to make intense eye contact for a few more seconds. Then, from the screen we hear Jenna scream "DADDYYYY!!!"
        Me and Laura burst into uncontrollable laughter, receiving lots of complaints from the people sitting nearby. We couldn't stop though, it was so fucking funny for some reason. I gripped Laura's shoulder and made a lowering gesture with my other hand that said "be quiet, keep it down."
       We stifled the rest of our laughter, shutting ourselves up. Luckily the sex scene ended, and now Jenna was talking on the phone with Adam. What a bitch. At some point a little later in the movie, we reached into the bag of popcorn at the same time, only to find that none was left. I looked to her.
        "You fucking ate it all, Laura."
         "Well you pretty much stole my entire drink, there's none left!"
         "Well I would've just given you my drink, but I guess not because you ate all the popcorn."
         "I'm sorry! It was stress eating, this love triangle is killing me. Now I have nothing to sooth me." She whined.
         I smiled and weaved my fingers through hers, softly squeezing her hand. "I'll sooth you."
        She chuckled. "You're so cheesy."
        "I told you, it's the hair." We smiled at each other for a second before turning our attention back to the movie, still holding hands.