Final Chapter

LAURA'S POV
I thought we had already been keeping a relatively low profile. But I was wrong, because after the mission we went on a really low profile. We've barely even step foot outside.
They had already began packing before I even knew they were moving, so it only took another 5 days to finalize everything. We were only talking a little more than half of the things they owned, which I thought was pretty watsefull. But they had their reasons, of course.
"Let's not take any of this old furniture, I'm so bored of it."
"We're starting a new life, no need to take so many reminders of this place."
The truth is, the life we were starting isn't going to be all that "new". We're still going to all work in this criminal business, still live together, still laugh together. But this thought of a whole new continent we're going to, a new place and house with different people and more opportunity. New food and culture I get to explore, I'm just so excited. It's going to be like an adventure, as cheesy as that sounds. And knowing that we're arriving there tomorrow morning makes it all the better.
It's 8 am, I'm wide awake and too energetic. Considering how difficult it is to get me to wake up even at 10 in the morning, this is a miracle.
Currently I'm in the breakfast room of a nice hotel, eating my pancakes, bacon, eggs, fruit salad, and orange juice. The most classic child breakfast of all time, yet so satisfying to devour despite you're age. I'm seated at a 4 person table with Jimin, Jungkook, and Emily. There's a huge, clear window right next to us that's letting bright sunshine through, which makes my mood better than it already is. Today was, thankfully, one of the warmest days we've had in these months. It feels like spring even though we're right in the middle of fall.
Oh, and did I mention we're back in Florida?
Going back and forth between Massachusetts and Florida should be a pain by now, but I surprisingly don't mind. The car rides are fun and interesting things always happen.
       After the mission was completed we drove back home to finish packing. The FedEx plane must be flying over to Seoul this very second. We also collected all our money by signing into bank accounts with the passwords William gave us. We ended up going to the bank in person, saying the right names to anyone who asked. We got our expected 1.5 million, then with the extra information Yoongi acquired we gained an extra $3 million. After that, G-dragon gave us access to the money he owed us, which further increased our balance. I was astonished at how quickly the financial situation changed.
Surprisingly enough, Namjoon let Ji-Yong go. By that I mean tossing him out on the street with nothing. But with the amount of influence, money, and connections that man has, I'm sure he's not dead right now. He's probably back in an office, making phone calls and brand new projects for his dirty business. Either that or he's holding a grudge and plotting different ways to get back at us. I wonder with a mischievous grin if we'll ever encounter that bastard again.
The guys contacted a few friends they have that work in different areas of the airline profession, and they're all helping us escape the country without getting caught or using official identities. To help with that, everyone re-dyed their hair and got it cut and use contacts to change eye colors. Let me just say, Jimin in blonde hair and green eyes is a blessing.
With no money problems on our hands, all the moving issues solved, the mission over... Everyone is at a sudden ease.
I look out the window and take a long sip of my juice while I observe the surroundings of the hotel. Palm trees and a nice blue sky today. Since we were in a high floor I could see a shopping center in the distance with people having a good day. I sighed nostalgically, wondering if maybe I'd miss this place.
Haha, just kidding. I didn't sigh, I started laughing. Nostalgics, my ass.
"Laura? Why did you just randomly start laughing? Have you been listening to anything I just said?" Emily scoffed playfully, snapping in front of my face.
I snapped out of my deep thoughts and looked at her and chuckled nervously. "Definitely. Nice monologue." I said as I ate more food, almost finishing my plate.
"Yeah, she wasn't listening. I was testing you, Jimin was actually the one talking." She laughed.
I slowly looked to him where he was shaking his head with his arms crossed and I smile innocently.
Just then Namjoon appeared out of the corner, approaching our table.
"Hey, are you guys ready? I just signed out of the hotel so we have to leave soon."
I ate my last piece of bacon and chugged the rest of my drink before standing up and clapping my hands together. "Yeah, let's go!"
"She's too happy, it's scaring me." Jimin said, hiding behind Jungkook. I lightly slapped the back of his neck as we took the elevator down to the first floor. Everyone else was standing by the entrance of the hotel, waiting for us.
We piled into our van and started driving to the place I've been longing to go to.
"Are you nervous?" Hoseok asked me.
I smiled lightly. "No, I'm really not. I know exactly what to say."
It didn't take more than 15 minutes before we were already pulling into the school zone. I saw my old high school looming in the near distance. Students were getting out of cars, buses, and bikes as they traveled with their friends into the building, ready or dreading to start a new school day.
"Man, this place hasn't changed at all." I said. Without another word, I jumped out of the car and strutted to the entrance. He should be here any moment now.
After just 1 minute of waiting, I saw him hopping out of a jeep with another guy who I recognized to be Tony, my brother's best friend. But I paid no attention to him as I admired Lucas, who to my surprise, had a smile on his face.
He didn't look like the happiest person alive, but he looked like a normal kid who was chill with good vibes. He swung his backpack over his shoulder and they talked as they began walking towards me.
Scratch that, towards the enterance. They hadn't spotted me yet.
Just then, a bus pulled up and more students flowed out. A girl on the shorter side with dark hair and glasses came out with a cute blonde and seriously tall dude with a man-bun. The three of them waved and jogged over to Lucas and Tony, where they greeted each other with fist bumps and punches in the shoulder.
A squad of 5 best friends. It was a beautiful sight to actually see him having a good day. I had no idea he was doing so well and it made me so happy to see him like this.
They kept approaching, and I decided this was the last chance I would get to scare the shit out of Lucas.
I positioned myself more to the side of the entrance, hiding behind a tree probably looking insanely suspicious. As the group of friends neared the entrance, I slowly came up behind them. Still 10 feet away from him, I took a deep breath before running and jumping on his back.
I probably should've though about that before I did it.
He screamed while I screamed while all his friends screamed. He automatically elbowed me hard in the side before throwing me onto the ground where I landed hard on my back.
"Who the hell-" he started to yell before he turned around and saw me grimacing on the ground. His eyes went wide and he stopped speaking, possibly breathing.
"Shit, that hurt! Where'd you learn that move?" I asked in an abnormally casual way as he stared down at me in utter shock.
"Hey," I laughed, honestly not knowing what else to say. I pushed myself up. Lucas was still staring at me but now he looked very confused and his eyebrows were furrowed.
I looked deep into his eyes for a few more moments before I pulled him into a strong hug, shaking as a embraced him for the first time in a long while.
When I pulled away, he looked even more confused. "L....Lau...." He struggled to speak. "How... I don't....Where the hell have you been!??" He yelled, somehow not sounding angry. His voice was filled with relief.
        We both laughed shakily. "I guess I have some explaining to do."
He smacked my forehead, hard like he always would. "Do you even know what you put us through?" He whispered, breathing deeply. He said it jokingly and not accusingly for the first time. He suddenly became more serious when he added "I... I thought you were dead..."
After one deep breath I sighed and put a hand on his shoulder, trying my best to not start crying. "We have a lot to talk about. Come with me."
We walked away from the school without a single explanation to his friends. I know that by the end of the day the news that I was here will be everywhere and Lucas will be interrogated and the case will rise up to its highest point again, but by then I'll already be long gone.
As we approached our van I had slight second thoughts, so I decided to at least say one thing before we got inside. "Okay, I'm about to explain a shit ton of things to you, and when I open this van you're probably going to scream. Just a fair warning."
He suddenly looked at the van suspiciously. "Um, what do you mean..."
"All I'm gonna say is that we're not kidnapping you and you're not gonna die."
He looked suddenly very afraid. Before he could speak I opened the car door and he saw the same people he's been seeing on the news for months. The criminals that were wanted.
We stood there in silence as he stared into the van with so many emotions on his face I couldn't even read it.
"Um, hey there?" Jimin said, breaking the ice.
"WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY STILL DOING WITH YOU?! SHIT, YOU GUYS ARE GONNA KILL ME! OH FUCK!!!" He screamed, almost breaking down. He looked like he was ready to run away, but I grabbed him by the shoulders and made him look me in the eye.
"Do you trust me?" I asked.
"N-not really!!"
I smiled. "Just get in the car."