Chapter 20

LAURA'S POV
After a while in the pool and just hanging out, we went inside, showered, and went back to normal. Before I was escorted back to my room, Namjoon had to talk to me.
"So Laura, now that you've somewhat successfully completed one round of all the lessons, there's something you have to do." He said. I looked at him expectantly. He was being kinda hesitant. "You need to meet your dad."
The words hit me like a speeding bus. Seeing him again would be like meeting a stranger. How would he react? What if he didn't want to see me, what if he moved on like in the practice? But what if the excuse didn't work? What if I screw the whole thing up? "Why? Isn't that supposed to happen later?" I ask.
"You need to get him to trust you again, to fully believe you are just around to talk. Then, in this one visit, you need to figure out how many people are living in that house. If there actually are body guards, maids, children, women, etc. Just find the information we're going to need for the mission. When you come back, we'll write everything down and create a plan. Then, you're going to go through a lot more lessons till you're a full on master at everything we're teaching you. We'll do a drill of the plan we've created, then you'll go to his house again, complete the plan...." He paused and smiled slightly. "Then this whole thing is over."
Over.
      I stayed silent, I wasn't really sure how to react. Eventually, to break the silence, I said "Okay." We share our first awkward moment.
      "By the way, that was a very clever dying sentence you pulled earlier."
      "Well thank you. I guess I can be the murderer and the long lost love at the same time." I said as I winked.
      "Your stealing my lines, Laura."
      "I thought you gave them to me!" I say innocently.
      "The only thing I've given you..." He paused as he walked closer to me. "Is my heart."
      I smirked. Two could play this game. "And I've given you mine, but you threw it away! I'll never forgive you!" I say dramatically.
      "I accidentally mixed it up with the junk mail, sorry." Namjoon said.
      "How could you mix up something so valuable with junk?" I ask. This was getting interesting.
      "Just a misunderstanding." Was his excuse. How cheap.
      "Ah, now tell me, were you cheating on me with that other woman I saw you with the other day, or was that also a misunderstanding?" I ask.
      "That was... My, uh, sister!" He says, improvising.
      "Ah yes, then the man I was with last Friday was my brother!" I say. He gasps.
      "You were with another man?! How dare you!!"
      "Oh, it's just my brother. Just like your girl was you sister." I say with attitude . I had no idea where this was going.
      "How about I meet this brother of yours, interrogate him on my own?" He requests.
      I see Jimin walking by. "Why of course! Here he comes now! JIMIN GET YOUR ASS IN HERE!" I yell to get his attention. He looks my way, sees Namjoon, and cautiously comes over.
      "What's going on?" He asks.
      Namjoon studies him. "You two don't look related at all. He's Korean, your American." He says.
      "Well your sister looked awfully Polish to me." I say. Jimin looked so confused.
      "Tell me, brother of Laura, is that your true title?" Namjoon asks him.
      Jimin looked back and forth between the two of us. "Your not supposed to be wasting money on drugs when we'll soon be on the verge of bankruptcy." He says. "I didn't think Laura would be into that kind of stuff either, but apparently-"
      Me and Namjoon start laughing and Jimin just stares at us. "Um, YOONGI-" he begins to yell. I slap my hand over his mouth and stop laughing.
      "Oh my god, were not high dumbass!" I flick his face. "We're just messing around, chill."
      "Okay, but I'm really confused." He said.
      "Never mind." Namjoon says. It's not worth explaining. Jimin eyed us nervously. We laugh again. "Okay, remember when Laura told me not to forget her?" We briefly explain the simple situation. He nods.
      "You guys are weird. Alright, well anyway, doesn't Laura have to meet her dad today?" Jimin asks. "I'll drive her, if you want."
      "No, it's fine, I'll drive her." Namjoon said.
      "I said it first."
      "But I'm the leader."
      "But I want to!"
      "So do I!"
      "Just let Laura choose, you idiots. Aish." Suga said as he passed us by. Both guys looked toward me. Shit, I hate decisions like this.
      "Um, well..." I think for a moment. I didn't want either of them to get the wrong idea.... "You can both come, I guess." I decide. They both sigh at the same time.
      "Okay, well who gets shotgun?" Jimin asks.
      "Whoever the better driver is." I say.
      "Me." They both say in sink. Again. I laugh.
      "Okay, just do Rock Paper Scissors. Whoever wins out of three." I said. They stared at me blankly. Namjoon scoffed a laugh.
      "Really?" He asks. I stayed silent and gestured for them to proceed. He sighed again and got ready to battle Jimin. They cracked their knuckles and necks and stretched. What the hell?
      "Rock paper scissors, one, two, three, shoot!" They said. Namjoon had paper, Jimin had rock. 1 point for Namjoon then. They do it again, Namjoon had scissors and Jimin had rock. 1 point for Jimin.
      On the last round, they tie. They do it again, and they tie. Again. And again. And again. I rolled my eyes.
      "YES!" Jimin yelled as he starts to jump around like a little kid. I laugh and send Namjoon an apologetic look.
      We get in the car and start the long drive to Miami. Jimin seemed really happy about being the driver. I personally would rather be able to sit back and relax instead of having to watch the road, but whatever. Namjoon said he wanted to be in the back, so I got passenger seat. It reminded me of Alyssa...
      "Play some music!" Jimin tells Namjoon in the back. He got his phone out and smirked as he looked something up. I started wondering what these guys listened too....