Chapter 22

NAMJOON'S POV
We hear the car door slam, knowing thats our cue to get back to the vehicle. It literally only took an hour, so much fatser than me and Jimin thought it would take. We jog to the car, this time I got into the drivers seat before Jimin could. When I look at Laura in the passenger seat, she had tears in her eyes. "Drive, get me out of here." She said. I did as I was instructed.
After about 5 minutes of silence, Jimin was the first to question her. "What happened in there?"
She sighed and wiped her eyes. "Shit happened." Wow, that's a little vague. We gave her a few moments to gather her words, then she spoke again. "He was one person when his wife Veronica was there, but when she left us alone he completely changed." She explained. She told us every word that was exchanged, beginning to end.
"Damn, what an asshole." Jimin said under his breath.
"Did you find out exactly how many people were there? Did you get a good look of the structure of the house, rooms, entrances, exits?" I asked. Suddenly, her eyes go wide and she stares straight ahead.
"SHIT!" She screamed as she kicked the ground. She groaned loudly. "I can't believe I didn't even do anything I came here to do!!"
"Are you kidding?!" Jimin exclaims. Without a word, I turn the car around and start driving toward the house again. Laura looked terrified.
"What are you doing?" She asked frantically.
"We're not gonna go home without any information. You need to do what you came here for. Just make it happen Laura." I said with an irritated tone. I couldn't help but be annoyed with her right now. She sighed.
When we arrived back at the house, Laura unwillingly dragged herself out and knocked on the door again. I wanted to see what would happen, so I ducked down in the car to watch. When William opened the door, he looked both surprised and irritated. They both start talking at the same time. Laura looked somewhat panicked as she improvised an excuse for returning. He rolled his eyes and continued arguing with her. I could tell she was tearing up and stuttering. Damn it. He eventually closed his mouth and listened to her as she spoke with hand gestures. After a little bit more calmed down conversation, he let her in the house and closed the door again. I sighed with relief.
      "Well that was interesting to watch." Jimin said from the back seat. "She was serious struggling there, I thought she wouldn't be able to get in again."
I sighed and got comfortable. I hoped Laura would be able to get the information we needed, but even more than that, I hoped she be able to complete the mission when the time came...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TAEHYUNG'S POV
"Yah, you're not going to eat?" I ask Nicole. She's been so quiet, so sad ever since we took her. I've been trying my best to cheer her up but nothing seems to work. I can't blame her though, it's not like you can get over the death of your parents so quickly. Earlier I tied her wrists and brought her downstairs to the kitchen. She is brand new and untrustworthy, and also I'm not armed, so I didn't untie her. Since her hands weren't free I was trying to feed her myself but she wouldn't cooperate. She gave me no response and looked down at the floor. I sighed.
For the few days she had been here, we have talked quite a bit and had long conversations, mainly about what the situation here was and laura and the mission, but occasionally the subject would wander off somewhere else, we've chatted about somewhat more personal matters too. I wasn't complaining, it was nice to have someone to talk to other than these guys I've been stuck with for six years. The only problem was that she never talked to anyone else, ever. The only time she did say something to them, it was trash talking and sass mouthing. Nicole was going to be much more difficult to deal with than Laura.
"You'll get sick if you don't eat, and we're not going to waste any money on medicine for you. Come on, eat Nicole." I urge her. She keeps the same blank expression.
"When is Laura getting back? There's still a lot we need to talk about." She said.
"Well, it's taking longer than I thought but they'll be back by today for sure." I said. She nodded. We were silent for a few moments.
"What should I do?" She suddenly asks.
"What do you mean?"
"Well, I really hate sitting in that dark room all day with nothing to busy myself with besides my thoughts and memories of the recent events. I have to do something, maybe you can give a book to study or a paper and pencil so I could draw... Just something to kill time with." She explains. Not a very greedy request. "Please. I hate being overwhelmed by everything all the time. All I want is something to distract myself with."
I thought about it. What could I give her...? We have some books but her reading those won't be of any use to me. I had a better idea. "Let's play a game." I suggest. She gave me a confused look.
"Okay, nothing that deals with running or hiding and stuff, just something we can do in your room, I don't know, like cards or hang man or-"
I was cut off by Nicole laughing. "I don't even do that stuff anymore, do you know how stupid it sounds coming from someone who's older than me?"
"Hey, I'm only older than you by a month, what difference does that make?" I ask.
"Well your mentally older than me." She said.
"You don't know that. All the other guys say my mental age is 5. But personally, I would say I'm 3 on the inside."
She stares at me in disbelief. "3? You gotta be kidding. I don't think toddlers go around kill-"
This time I cut her off with with a flick on the forehead. "Besides my job, I'm like a little kid. You don't know me yet, so you have no say in this."
"Yeah yeah whatever." She muttered. A few moments of silence pass by till she speaks again. "Well are we just gonna sit here? You said you wanted to play a game."
"Oh, so that's a yes?" I ask. I thought she didn't want to.
"Does it look like I have anything better to do?"
I smile. "Alright, let's go." I said as I take her by the wrists (I didn't want her to get in a worse mood if I pulled her hair) and we enter her room. After a few minutes of debate, we decide we would start off with Would You Rather, a simple talking game. Nicole started with the first question, and she didn't hold back.
      "Would you rather live the life you would've had if you didn't join this business, or live this criminal life?" She asked. I immediately new my answer.
      "Well, I haven't lived a normal life, I don't know what it will be like. Unless I've experienced both of things, I can't compare then. But, as crazy as it might sound, I'm pretty happy where I am now." I said. She slowly nodded. Even though she didn't make a literal comment, I could tell she was thinking I was messed up in the head. Who could possibly be happy as a murderer who has to live in hiding?
      Next it was my turn, but I kind of just asked her a bunch of random stupid stuff every time, the exact opposite of Nicole. She went into really deep personal questions that actually made me think. It was an interesting game, you can learn a lot about a person based on their decisions. When we got bored of it, we moved on to a more lighthearted game, even though Nicole really didn't want to.
      "The blind chicken game? What the hell is that?" She questioned me.
"It's better when at least 3 people play it, but we can make it work." I said. "So basically one person has to wear a blind fold. The other players spin the blind one in circles so they get dizzy, then the other people have to hide around the room and try not to get caught by the 'chicken'." I explain. She nods. "And since there's only two of us, to make it more interesting, you can move around. Usually you have to stay in one place."
"You're the chicken." She immediately says.
"Why? No, you're the chicken."
"You've played this before, your experienced. You be the chicken."
I laugh at her reasoning. "Fine. But next round it's you." I said, giving in. I go to my room to get an actual blind fold (we often use them on missions) and went back to Nicole's room. She ties it on for me and spins me around for 30 seconds. She got a 5 second head start before I started moving. I could barely walk at first so I roamed around very slowly till I regained my balance. She was very quiet, I couldn't tell where she was. There's barely any furniture in the room though, so it shouldn't be difficult to find her. "Nicooolllleeee..."