Chapter 10

LAURA'S POV
We got to the mall rather quickly, mostly because Namjoon was speeding. His reckless driving almost have me a heart attack! I screamed every time he made a sharp turn and he just laughed at me. Like, show some respect you dumb ass! He seemed like he was enjoying the ride. He looked so happy so see me panic. What a jerk.
When we got out of the car, he grabbed my hand tightly. My hand, not my wrist. "Remember what I told you about creating a scene. Act natural. I hope you made the right decisions. If you're good, I might even stop at some fast food place and get you food." He said in a low voice as we walked to the entrance. Hm, some real food sounded pretty good, but that wasn't going to stop me from trying to escape. Now was the best chance I had, I couldn't waste it. I would try to run away once we got inside, where it would be crowded and more difficult for him to find me...
But.... But..... Then he would kill my family without question...
Without hesitation....
That's why I decided to actually do what they said in the first place, so keep my family safe. I think I've gotten so caught up in escaping that I've forgotten that I really do need to do this. To keep my mother, Lucas, and Nicole safe. I'm not doing this for myself, I'm doing this for the safety of others. I guess I wouldn't be escaping after all.
We went in through the main enterance. There was bright lights and pop music playing in the background. I felt like I hadn't been in an actual mall in forever. I liked the smell, it smelled so clean, so new. I looked around and smiled. This place made me feel like all my stress was lifted. All I wanted to do right now was finally enjoy a shopping day, but unfortunately Namjoon is here. But that wouldn't stop me from making the most of this. If I wasn't going to escape, I was going to try to be cheerful.
"Let's go to the bra section, it's down there I think." Namjoon said as we walked, hand in hand. It felt weird, it almost felt....
Natural, in a way. But I couldn't think like that. We continued on to the women's underclothes section and I began to steer in the direction of the fully-covering, solid ones. Namjoon held onto my hand more tightly and pulled me to the opposite side. "I told you I didn't like those bras. You're gonna have to choose from these." He said smirking. Of course, we were at the lacy and skimpy bra section. Aishhhh this pervert!
"I don't want those! Let me choose my own! It's not like you'll be wearing them! Or seeing them, for that matter." I snapped.
Namjoon grinned evilly. "You don't know that..."
My mouth hung open. "W-what do you mean!?" I stuttered. I swear, if I start blushing I'll kill myself...
"There you go blushing again, Laura. Are you really so nervous around me?"
Shit. I'm not nervous. I don't know why I get like this, he's just so... intriguing. In a disgustingly sadistic way. "Leave me alone!" I whined.
"I can't do that Laura, you know the rules." Yeah, the rules you came up with!
"Yeah yeah, let's just get on with this." I say. Yay, he just completely brought down my mood. While we strolled through the showy bras, Namjoon kept saying stuff like "this one's nice." or "what about this one?" But I didn't agree to any.
"Laura you're so picky! I'll just pick for you if you don't hurry up." He said impatiently.
"Okay okay!" I said. I grabbed the most normal ones I could find, where the cup part of the bra was solid but the rest was lacy. It was the best I could find. Namjoon looked pretty disappointed, but I didn't care. "Alright, let's go to the underwear part."
We went to the section, and of course, I was forced to buy showy ones. These were even more revealing that the bras! Literally none of them were acceptable. "Pleaseeee let me get some normal underwear! Namjooonnnnnn PLEASSEEEEEEE!!" I begged him while tugging his arm. He got so annoyed with me that he finally gave in.
"Ughhh fine!" I picked some normal, suitable underwear. "I liked the other ones better!" He whined.
"Well I like these." I said.
"You're not grateful enough. I could've let you wear the same underwear for weeks! Maybe even months! Where's my thank you, huh?" He asked me. He did have a point, but I refused to say the words aloud. We continued to walk in silence as he waited expectantly for my answer. "Laura... I asked you a question."
      "Thanks...." I murmured under my breath.
      "What was that?" He said. This boy was testing me.
      "Thank you...." I say even quieter.
      "I can't hear you Lauraaaa." He pressed on while smiling, even though he obviously did.
      "Thank you." I snapped in a normal tone.
      "I STILL can't hear you!!"
      "THANK YOU FOR BUYING ME UNDERWEAR AND BRAS YOU SON OF A BITCH!" I screamed loud enough for everyone in the fucking mall to hear.
      "There we go! You're welcome, Laura." He said happily. We got glares from parents who obviously thought I just poisoned their children's minds. Namjoon swung our linked hands back and fourth as we walked. He looked so satisfied. I was kind of happy right now.
"Let's go get you some clothes, you were also complaining about having to wear men's stuff." He said. Thank god, I was sick of wearing huge T-shirts. We went to the ladies section and began to look through the clothes. They had a lot of nice things, I didn't know what to pick.
"What about these shorts?" Namjoon asked me while grinning. Of course he would suggest booty shorts and stripper shirts.This boy was killing me!
"No! Please, I just want something somewhat normal!" I ended up getting some jean shorts (not booty ones) some ripped jeans, leggings, a few cute shirts, etc. It was actually a lot of clothes, I'm surprised he actually bought it all for me. We went to the register to pay. It was not cheap.
He almost never let go of my hand, and when he did, he wrapped his arm around my shoulders or waist. He was always holding me somehow, but he did it in a way that made people who saw us think "Aw, such a cute couple." We had already gotten 2 compliments. It was sickening.
"Laura, you've been very good." Namjoon said. "I'll take you to the food court."
"Oh my God, really!?" I asked a bit to excitedly. All I wanted right now was a huge, juicy cheeseburger with salty, crunchy fries and a milkshake. My mouth started watering just thinking about it. I haven't had a nice meal for a while. Even before I was kidnapped, I was rarely treated with good stuff. We made our way there, and I ordered exactly what was on my mind. Namjoon got the same thing.
Instead of sitting in front of me, he sat right next to me to still be close enough to catch me if I ran away. So clingy. I began eating, and with the first bite, I actually felt happy. Namjoon laughed. "Why are you eating it in slow motion? You look like one of those people who eat burgers in ads."
I blushed. "Really? I don't mean to, I just haven't eaten fast food in a long time." He smiled at me, but this time, it was a genuine, happy smile. Not a playboy, evil smirk. A smile, it was beyond adorable.
We continued eating, and strangely enough, we talked. Normal conversation. I told him about places I've been to, embarrassing and funny things that have happened to me before, things normal friends would talk about while hanging out at the mall. He told me the same kind of stuff. Before this "gang" happened, he had what sounds like a nice life. A happy, fun life. I'm not sure why you would give up something like that, but it wasn't really my place to ask.
"What's the stupidest thing you've ever done?" I asked him. He grinned.
"I don't even have to think about that question. It was the last year of middle school, and there was this dance, as a celebration for graduating. So, in science I had a pretty young teacher, she was in her 20's. I went up to her in the middle of class, and in front of everyone I knelt down and opened this box that had a paper in it that said 'will you go to the dance with me?'. It was like a proposal. Obviously, she turned me down and I got a 2 weeks of detention."
I burst out laughing. That is literally the most idiotic thing you could possibly do. Who the hell in their right mind asks out a teacher? When you're only 13 or 14? IN FRONT OF EVERYONE!? I laughed so hard, my face got all red. "You stupid pabo!" I yelled and flicked his forehead. He was laughing to.
"GOALSSSSS!!!!" Some random group of teenagers yelled at us as they passed by. Ugh, not again. I stopped laughing and rolled my eyes.
"We're not-" I was about to say to them, but Namjoon stopped me.
"Yes, thank you, we are goals." He smirked at me. The girls laughed and walked away. I flicked him again, but harder.
"We are not goals." I say.
"But we kinda are." He said.
"No we're not!"
"Hey, stop arguing with me, we are." He said happily.
I stopped debating with him like I was told. I had to hold back a smile, because honestly.... At the moment...
We kinda are.