Chapter 11

NAMJOON'S POV
      As I drove Laura back to the mansion, she seemed like she was in a generally good mood. The mall with her was really fun, and I was incredibly surprised that she didn't try to escape. I guess she just finally came to her senses. Honestly, it was a very smart decision on her part. The consequences would've been extreme of she did attempt to escape. But she didn't, that's what matters. I would never admit it aloud, but I was actually... Slightly frightened that she would get away. I didn't want to lose Laura, she was pretty great. Very entertaining. She was the only thing that kept things interesting here, besides Emily. She has always been what kept us happy. Unfortunately, ever since her and Jungkook became a thing, they started hanging out more individualy, without the rest of the guys. Although she still comes around to mess with all of us, it's really not the same anymore.
      Which is a shame, because I always liked Emily. In a romantic way. We had our moments, she charmed me enough to get me to fall for her. But I was past that now. I think. But if I was over her, how come I still get so jealous when I see her and Kookie hanging out or making out? I figured that I still did have some sort of feelings for her, but Laura is helping me get past that. She's helping me get over Emily and she doesn't even know it.
      I was also in a generally good mood. A great mood, in fact. Today was great. But when we got back to the house and Laura left to go have her lessons with J-Hope, I had some time to think by myself. To worry by myself. I started thinking about Suga, what he had been trying to tell me earlier. It probably had something to do with our finances. In that case, it was something I needed to know about.
      I walked out of my room and went to Yoongi's, where I found him peacefully sleeping. At this time of day. Wow. I didn't really understand how he could sleep this early. I shook him hard to wake him. "SUGA GET UP WE NEED TO TALLLKKKK!" I yelled at him. He didn't budge. I jumped on top of him over and over. "YOONGI!!!"
      He pushed me off of him and slowly rose to a sitting position. "Ugh, what do you want? I'm tired." He murmured.
      "You were trying to tell me something important earlier. I wasn't listening, what was it?" When I said this, Suga's face fell.
      "Right. Um, I was looking through our financial records, and I realized that our profits are going down by the year, and each year we are using more money, which all together creates a huge mess. If this continues, we're gonna be broke and go out of business." He explained. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.
      "Why didn't you warn me about this before!? I just went to the mall and spent a shit-load of money!" I yelled at him.
      "I tried to! You were so caught up in hanging out with Laura that you didn't hear a fucking word I said!" He snapped back at me. He had a point, but I wouldn't admit that.
      "That's no way to talk to your boss." I told him. I was getting mad, and Suga wasn't prepared to see me mad.
"Boss? Boss? You've got to be kidding Namjoon! All of us have put the same amount of effort into this group as you have! It's not like you're paying us to be criminals!"
"No, but I am the leader of this gang! Show some respect!" I yelled. My voice was raising with each sentence, but Yoongi didn't seem intimidated at all.
"Why exactly are you the leader? Do you remember?" He asked, inching closer to me. Truth be told, I did remember.
"That's enough Yoongi." I said, lowering my voice.
"You're leader because I gave up the chance to be 'the boss'! The others elected ME to be the head of this group, me. I gave up the spot for you since you wanted it so bad!"
"Yeah well that's not my fault! It's too late now to switch positions!" I yelled.
"Who said I wanted to switch?! I'm saying that if it weren't for me you wouldn't be where you are right now! You should be the one showing some respect!!!!" SUGA rarely got fired up like this. He must be really angry with me right now.
"I SAID THAT'S ENOUGH YOONGI!"
"We're getting off the point, Namjoon. What needs to happen to regain money again is robbery. We can't force customers to come to us. We're going to need to go on some sort of 'stealing spree'. We'll rob a bunch of banks and rich people till we have enough cash to resume normal business." He explained, trying to calm down. The way he clenched his jaw showed me he was holding in a ton of anger. I stayed silent, to he continued.
"I was thinking that after this operation, Laura could help us getting more money. She'll hopefully be good at this type of stuff by that time, so she could really be helpful."
I suddenly got very riled up. "No! We made a deal with her! We let her go after this!" I demanded.
Such scoffed. "Since when have you been so loyal? I figured we were lying from the start."
"We weren't. Laura is not a part of this gang. I'm not dragging her down into this life!" I exclaimed. I didn't know why I was being like this... I usually would have been lying from the start. If fact, I was. But not anymore. For some reason, I didn't want to ruin her, like I ruined myself.
Suga laughed bitterly. "You don't want to drag her into this life? Namjoon don't you realize you already did?"
I thought about his words. He was right. After you learn all this stuff, it's not like you can forget. I instantly felt guilty, something I haven't felt for as long as I can remember. I don't think I ever have felt guilty about anything. "That doesn't matter. I'll fix it. Later. For now, all you need to know is that we won't be keeping her longer than we need to."
"Okay fine, but I have one question. Why? Why not?"
"That has nothing to do with you!"
"Yeah, but I bet it has something to do with your feelings." Suga said.
I opened my mouth to speak, but I stopped. Was he right? I finally found words. "It doesn't! I'm just trying to be fair!" I yelled. But why? The question lingered in my head.
"Stop lying to yourself! You're right, maybe we should get rid of Laura, she's messing with your head." He said. He glared daggers at me. His gaze was cold.
"She's not messing with me! I'm not lying to anyone!"
"Well you're not fooling anyone either! What's gotten into you? If you like her, you would want her to stay anyway! You're not even making sense." He said while once again inching closer to me.
"Nothing has gotten into me. Where the hell did you get the idea that I liked her!?" My voice was raising, I was screaming at him now. I was sure the others would hear our conversation, but I couldn't care less.
"From Jimin! He thinks so!"
"Oh, so you and Jimin have been talking?" I ask.
"Not just him. He was the first to bring it up, and everyone else agrees. You like her, so your going easy on her. She's not gonna learn fast enough if you're her friend! We don't have time to waste Namjoon!"
"So all the members have been discussing this? This has literally been a discussion!?"
"YES! I already said that! Jesus!" Yoongi's voice was officially as loud as mine.
"Well you tell everyone else that they better stop talking about shit they don't know, especially Jimin. Whatever happens between me and Laura has nothing to do with any of you! You aren't in a good place to be telling me what to do." I yell.
"NEITHER ARE YOU! I NEVER SHOULD HAVE GIVEN YOU LEADERSHIP CAUSE' YOU'RE DOING ONE SHITTY JOB!" Yoongi screamed. I was so angry with him, I didn't hold back. I punched him hard across the face, so hard that he fell on the floor and had a bloody nose, in one hit. I kicked his stomach. He moaned on the ground. With that, I stormed out the room and went into mine, slamming the door as hard as I could.
You don't want to drag her into this life? Namjoon don't you realize you already did? Yoongi's bitter words hung in my mind. Had I really already ruined her? Was it too late to fix her now?
I wasn't sure. What I did know was that with my whole heart... I hoped it wasn't.