chapter 16

Annie POV
I had about an hour left until i landed. I couldn't wait to see Rebecca! She is basically my second mom! Matt has been on a mission trip for church and he comes back next week, so it's just been us two. She knows about my current Hayden situation too, and she said she ships us. I've been really busy, so i haven't been hanging out with him as much. I hate how some people think that just because i'm 12 i'm "too young" to like someone and act like i do. Twelve year olds now a days are just different than when our parents were 12, you know? I started to watch Cinderella, the real one, so that i was occupied until i landed. I could feel that this would be a long hour.

Hayden POV
We walked in, and got seated across the room from Mackenzie. So far, she hasn't noticed me, and i'm not sure if i want to keep it that way or not. I mean, i think i do. Most people know the part of the story where there was drama between fandoms and where i had been flirting with Annie while dating Kenzie during the little "love triangle" thing, but no one knew the part where Kenzie screwed up. She always made fun of Annie and said that i was cheating on her. Also when all the fans were posting comments that were like "Like this is kayden is a thing" or "like this if you are dating hayden" she would always acknowledge it, which started some of the drama. Let's just say, our breakup didn't exactly end well, like most don't, anyways. That's why i wanted her to wave or something, i just don't want her to be mad at me. She was only with her mom and Maddie. She looked up and saw me. She waved and smiled, i waved back and smiled. Then she texted me. I looked down at my phone.
Kenzie
Do you wanna hang
today?
Sorry Kenz but
Johnny already doesn't
really like me and i don't
want to make him mad.

Johnny and I broke
up last week...

Sorry to hear that
Maybe after we get
my friend from the
airport we can hang

Okay! Just text me

I really would feel bad for leaving Annie today, especially when it's her first day back, but i really want Mackenzie to not be mad at me anymore, and this might be my only chance! She did do some pretty bad things to Annie, and started a lot of drama, but we are 12 for goodness sake! She probably didn't even know that what she was doing would have an effect. We were all 11 at the time. "Come on Hayden, we gotta go!" we stood up and walked out. I looked at Mackenzie and she didn't notice i was leaving, so i just left. I was still super excited to see Annie! I wonder what she will think when i tell her that Kenzie and I are good again...