chapter 32

Hayden POV
I'm glad that i decided to talk to Annie earlier in the car, and i'm also glad that we feel the same way about everything. We were finishing up the shoot, only the girls are left (taking some group pics). The coordination team is wanting us to make a few musicallys and things, kinda as promo. Annie was finishing up her group pictures with the other girls. "Hayden come here!" i turned around and saw Nicole waving me over. I walked over to her. "Take my phone and make a musically with Annie. Then give it to Brooke and tell her to make one with Carson. Make sure that your holding a product. Save them private and i am going to make a comment that will go along with the musically then we're gonna post them. It's good promotion." i nodded and grabbed the phone. Why is everything here about promo and advertising? Shouldn't it be a little about fun too? I mean, today has been fun, but still. The girls seemed to be about finished, so I called Annie over. She smiled and walked over. "They want us to make a musically with a Rock Your Hair product for promotion." she nodded. "Why is everything all about promotion?" she asked while grabbing a bottle of hairspray off of the table next to us. "I know right? It's kind of annoying." she nodded. I started scrolling through popular musicallys to find a sound. "How about we do Carson's song?" she suggested. Carson? Really? Out of everyone, she wants to use Carson's song? She said she didn't like Carson. "Okay..." i searched up the song and clicked on it. We made the musically in one take, surprisingly. At the end Annie sprayed the hair spray on my hair. When the musically ended, she was laughing, so i tickled her, forgetting that she was in heels. She stepped back and tripped. She gasped, I grabbed her arm and wrapped my arm around her back. She stood back up laughing, turning bright red. She looked down still laughing. "Thanks," she said, "i think that's the second time you've done that since i've been here." we laughed and realized that Brooke, Danielle, Carson, and Nicole all looking at us. (remember, Nicole is the Rock Your Hair manager in this story. okay? okay!) We laughed and both looked down. "Alrighty love birds, did you finish your musically?" Nicole asked us while the others were trying not to laugh. Annie rolled her eyes while smiling. "We aren't birds!" Annie and I said in sync. They laugh and we handed over the phone. "You guys can go change now if you want." Nicole told us. I wonder if any of them noticed that neither of us acknowledged the "love" part of love birds....We walked back towards the house so we could change back into our normal clothes. This shoot was fun!

Annie POV
I changed back into my normal clothes and shoes. I grabbed my necklace and Bratayley bracelet that they wouldn't let me wear during the shoot and put them back on. I walked out of the dressing room and grabbed my phone from the table that all of our phones were on. I turned on my phone and heard it start to ding. I had 5 missed calls from Mommy, 3 missed calls from Daddy, 12 missed calls from MK, and 6 missed calls from Katie. Goodness gracious. I scrolled through the missed calls and realized that i had messages from people too. Mommy💞: Call me ASAP....It's about Hayley...
Daddy💙: Call us. What was about Hayley? I started to freak out and ran to the side of the house, where it was quiet. I called my mom and she picked up on the first ring. "Annie?" she asked through the phone. I could tell she had been crying. "Mommy, what's wrong? Why are you crying? What is about Hayley?" i panicked. "Hayley was walking across the street to her friend from schools house earlier. We were sitting on the porch making sure she got there, when out of nowhere a car speeding down the street came and hit her. She is in a coma right now...and they don't know when-or
if- she will wake
up." No. It couldn't be. It all felt
like a dream. It felt unreal. Like it was all just a giant prank, like it was all
a joke. Like i could just blink and it would all be fake. Caleb would still be here and Hayley would be fine. "Annie?" i couldn't even talk, i felt paralyzed. "Do you want to fly back for a little bit?" i started sobbing into into the phone. "Rebecca is going to use your card and get you a ticket to fly home on the soonest flight home. I love you so so so much and i will see you soon. And i know Hayley loves you also. Just pray for your sister. We will see you later." "B-bye m-m-mommy. I love you." i stuttered and hung up the phone. I dropped my phone and fell to the ground. I drew my knees close to my chest and put my head in between my legs. I just sat there and cried. Hayley is my best friend, my sister, one of the only things that keeps me happy. "Annie!" i heard someone yell. I didn't even bother to look, because i didn't care. All that mattered was the fact that my only sibling was in the hospital, and i wasn't there to be with her. I felt the person put their arm around me. I looked up and saw Carson looking down at me. "What's wrong? You can tell me." he said, sincerely. I took a deep breath. "Hayley got hit...by a car... and she is in a coma...and she might not wake up, and if by some miraculous chance she does, they-they don't know when." i put my head down. He rubbed my arm. "Can you get Hayden?" i asked him. I looked up at him. He looked disappointed, but nodded his head and got up. I put my head back down and continued to cry. Why do things always happen to me? I close my eyes and try to convince myself that it's all just a dream. I try to think that my sister isn't on life support and that my brother didn't pass away last year. "Annie!" i hear again. I already know it's Hayden so i just keep my head down. I don't feel like talking right now, i don't feel like being here. He sat by me on the ground and put his arm around me. I laid my head on his shoulder and just cried. "Carson told me. My dad is gonna bring us home now, okay?" i nodded my head and he helped me up. We walked through the back door, where he knew no one would be, and into the dressing room. We grabbed our bags from the table that everyone's stuff was on, and went to tell Nicole bye. After we told her goodbye, we started to walk out. "Do you want to tell everyone else bye? If not, they will understand, it's fine." i shook my head and we walked out to the car. The whole way back home i was silent, still not wanting to believe that i could loose my best friend, my sister, my only sibling left...