A Christmas Carol

The Stone sighed and walked out of the TARDIS after materialising it just outside of the room the fireplace where the chimney was connected to. Hearing a rumble and cry from the Doctor. She snuck inside seeing an older man with presumably a family consisting of a young boy, a father and possibly a grandmother. She shook her head as the Doctor stood up brushing himself off from soot. "Ah. Yes. Blimey. Sorry. Christmas Eve on a rooftop. Saw a chimney, my whole brain just went, what the hell!" He grinned.

"You are such a child." She crossed her arms muttering quietly yet somehow making the old man jump and stare at her. "Whoops..." She muttered seeing the shocked look on his face before quickly heading over to stand beside the Doctor.

He slowly nodded thinking about putting an arm around the Time Lady before backtracking on his thought remembering how filthy his clothes currently were. "Don't worry, fat fellow will be doing the rounds later. We're just scoping out the general chimney-ness. Yes. Nice size, good traction. Big tick."

"Fat fellow?" The young boy questioned.

"Father Christmas, Santa Claus or, as we've always known him, Jeff."

"There's no such person as Father Christmas."

"Oh, yeah?" The Stone smirked as the Doctor reached into his pocket pulling out an old black and white photograph.

"Me, the Stone and Father Christmas, Frank Sinatra's hunting lodge, 1952." He grinned before pointing at it. "See him at the back with the blonde?"

"Albert Einstein." The Stone cut in a smug look on her face as the boy stared at the Time Lords. "Blimey that was a night wasn't it dear."

"It definitely put me off a few things for a good few weeks. Yes well..." He trailed off before shaking his head looking at the boy. "Keep the faith. Stay off the naughty list."

"Well, that looks interesting." The Stone commented eyeing what looked like a big organ.

"Now, what's this then?" The Doctor said dashing over to the machine wiggling his fingers. "I love this. A big flashy lighty thing. That's what brought us here. Big flashy lighty things have got the Stone and I written all over them. Not actually, but give me time, and a crayon."

"Don't give him crayons." The Stone cut in giving the Doctor a pointed look. "Although time would be handy..." she muttered

"Yes well, this big flashy lighty thing is connected to the spire in your dome, yeah?" He looked at the man who seemed rather annoyed by the intrusion with how angry he looked. "And it controls the sky. Well, technically it controls the clouds, which technically aren't clouds at all. Well, they're clouds of tiny particles of ice. Ice clouds. Love that." He then pointed at a young woman in a cryo-chamber. "Who's she?"

"Nobody important." The man waved them off.

"Nobody important." The Stone raised a brow.

"Blimey, that's amazing." The Doctor raised a brow of his own. "Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important before. Dear?"

"I have never happened to come across anyone that wasn't important." She hummed. "Every single one of the people I have met. All important."

"Exactly." The Doctor pointed at the Time Lady and nodded then walked back over to the machine. "Now, this console is the key to saving that ship, or I'll eat my hat. If I had a hat. I'll eat someone's hat." His eyes drifted over to the Time Lady. "But definitely not someone who's using their hat." He quickly added seeing the warning look on her face before a bright smile was flashed his way. "Yes definitely not someone using their hat." He tried pressing the controls. His words becoming faster by the second as each control did not work. "That is a bad idea tell you what I think though? I think its best that I stop talking about eating hats, my wife is giving me threatening looks and smiles. Sorry, rambling, because..." He continued to press the buttons which buzzed in each attempt. "Because this isn't working!"