Closing Time - Two

"It was right here." The Doctor knelt on the floor his head under a small table, scanning as he and the Stone listened to Val continue to explain.

"A silver rat with glowing red eyes." The Stone asked making sure they were talking about the same thing.

"Yes." She nodded at the ginger. "Then it whizzed off. I wanted to get one for my nephew, but stockroom say there's no such item."

"I bet they do." The Doctor said moving out from under the table and placing his sonic in his pocket.

"That's probably for the best." The Stone muttered with a small wince not wanting to know the catastrophe that could occur if a young human child managed to get their hands on a cybermat.

"Well, what was it then?" Val asked not hearing the Stone. "Answer me that."

"It's a prototype." The Stone lied.

"Yes." The Doctor quickly backed his wife up. "A new prototype."

The Stone slowly nodded. "The company wants to see how well children interact with it before it is sold on a large scale."

"Exactly."

"Whoa!" They suddenly heard the cry of Craig not that far away from them.

"What's all that hullabaloo?" Val asked.

"Er, that'll be my partner with the er..." he trailed off.

"Don't start." The Stone shot him a look.

"Yes dear." He muttered before they both hurried off. Val staring at them both very confused behind them. She couldn't understand their relationship with each other or with Craig.

----------------------------------------------------------------

The Time Lords ran around the store, attempting to find Craig, who currently trying to pick up a rack of woman's underwear. Craig swallowed hard wishing he wasn't in this situation. "Make a habit of hanging round in women's wear, sir?" George, the security guard asked.

"I'm sorry." He apologised just as Alfie started to cry. "Oh, shush. Alfie, come on." He pleaded slightly rocking the buggy.

"He's a pervert." Kelly, the woman working in the woman's section pointed at him. "Look at him."

"Hello, everyone." The Doctor ran up to them all with the Stone right beside him. "We're here to help."

"Hello, Doctor." Kelly greeted instantly smiling. "Hello Stone."

"Hello, Doctor hello Stone." George smiled at them both.

"Hello." They both replied.

"Has anyone seen a silver rat?" The Doctor bluntly asked making the Stone shake her head at him. "No. Okay. Long shot."

The Stone noticed the pleading look on Craig's face and the state he currently was in. "I see you've met our friend, Craig." The Stone nodded. Craig let out a small breath of relief.

"Nice uniform, George." The Doctor nodded at the man.

"Thank you, Doctor." He nodded. "If he's with you two, that's all right, then."

"Sorry." Kelly instantly apologised. "I thought he was hassling me because that's the last thing I need today." The Doctor motioned a chatting hand to George who smiled a little. The Stone hit him around the back of the head making him wince a little before stopping when he spotted his wifes narrowed eyes she was shooting at him. "Because Shona's not turned up." Kelly continued. "Right, so I'm doing twice the work for the same money, if you don't mind."