Curse of the Black Spot

So as you may or may not remember I made a small teaser for a surprise at the start of 'Day of the Moon - Two'as you probably guessed that got delayed and has been known to be a few selected others for a while and finally it is time for release day!

And so with Doctor Who just around the corner (6 days as of today (if my maths is correct) lol) the new series of Doctor Who will be released and obviously with this new series there is a new Doctor which is a woman. 

With this idea Doctor Who teamed up with Wattpad and has selected 10 stories with female leads to be shared to bring some more hype for series 11 (as if it needs any more!), I have been lucky enough to have the first book in the Parallel Series picked out to be included in the list! You can find the official Doctor Who Wattpad account here: BBCDoctorWho a link to the reading list has been added as an external link. You can scroll to the bottom of the chapter for that if you want to see what else is on the list!

In celebration of this announcement here is an additional chapter with my favourite Time Lady!

-----

The Stone raised a brow at her husband who was grinning to himself as he wandered around the console room. It had been just over a week since their discovery. Amy and Rory were still unaware of the situation in front of them. The facade they both wore easily confused the humans. The Time Lords couldn't confuse each other though. The Doctor found it the hardest out of them both. He had to stay strong and reassure his wife. It was hard when he couldn't even reassure himself half of the time.

"You're cheery." The Stone hummed walking around the console and stopping in front of him. The Doctor continued to grin as he took his wife's hand and pointed her finger at a blinking red dot on the scanner. "Blinking dot." He spoke aloud. "Someone needs help."

The Stone softly smiled. "You want to help don't you?" She raised a brow at her husband.

His face fell slightly. "You don't?"

The Time Lady chuckled and cupped one of his cheeks with her hand, stroking her thumb across the skin. "Of course I want to help." She whispered before kissing the opposite cheek. "I'll go grab Amy and Rory."

"Alright." The Doctor nodded.

"Don't go anywhere without me." The Stone winked.

The Doctor chuckled and shook his head, already heading for the doors. "Just going to have a peek..."

Somehow the Doctor found himself looking up at a hatch on the ceiling a few moments later, hushed voices being heard from above. "Yo ho ho!" He exclaimed after the hatch was opened showing three men dressed in pirate outfits staring down at the Time Lord. "Or does nobody actually say that?"

The Stone sighed giving her husband a disapproving look from the TARDIS as she opened the doors.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"We made no signal." The Captain they learned to be called Avery protested in the captains quarters.

"Our sensors picked you up." The Doctor said. "Ship in distress."

"Sensors?"

"Yes." The Doctor nodded before nodding. "Okay, problem word. Seventeenth century. Our ship automatically, er, noticed-ish that your ship was having some bother."

"That big blue crate?" He frowned.

"That is more magic, Captain Avery." One of the men cut in. "They're spirits. How else would they have found their way below decks?"