The Time Lords Best Friend

The Stone watched in amusement as she leaned against the console of the TARDIS while the Doctor explained an adventure they had with Amy to Rory while the man was a roman and also dead. "And then we discovered it wasn't the Robot King after all, it was the real one." The Doctor explained, waving his hands around in the process. "Fortunately, the Stone and I were able to re-attach the head." The Doctor grinned nodding his head over to his wife who fondly smiled at her husband.

"Do you believe any of this stuff?" Rory asked Amy while sitting in the jump seat. Amy walked down the stairs towards the console.

"I was there." She replied with a slightly smug grin on her face.

"Oh, it's the warning lights." The Doctor grumbled noticing the flashing lights out of the corner of his eyes. He lightly tapped a blinking light on the console. "Stone, I'm getting rid of those!" He exclaimed to the Time Lady on the opposite side of the console. "They never stop."

"Sweetheart they're warning lights." She gave him a pointed look after poking her head past the time rotor to look at him. "They're there for a reason."

"Yes but they are annoying." He pouted. "And they are always on."

"That's probably because you always refuse to find out what is wrong." The Stone shook her head at him.

"And you don't?" He frowned.

"In a matter of fact yes. I do happen to check." She nodded moving around the console and twisting a dial. The blinking lights then went out.

"How-" the Doctor stared at her in disbelief as if she just told him that she threw out all the packets of fish fingers and tins of custard.

"I actually managed to read that in the manual before someone threw it out."

"And now you're showing off!" He exclaimed waving his arms around like a child who was getting told of.

"I am not showing off." She playfully stuck her tongue out at him, something the Time Lord returned.

The two Time Lords stopped as a rhythmic tapping was heard on the door leading to the exterior of the TARDIS. The Doctor and the Stone both looked at the door and then each other as Amy and Rory looked over at them.

"What was that?" Amy questioned not sure if it was the Time Lords doing.

"The door." The Doctor frowned staring at it. "It knocked."

"Right." Rory slowly nodded walking up and leaning on one of the railings. "We are in deep space."

"Correct." The Stone slowly nodded glancing at the scanner to check that they somehow hadn't moved without realising. "Very, very deep space."

The Doctor and the Stone slowly walked towards the door. "And somebody's knocking." They shared a glance before opening the doors. The Stone gasped, eyes wide when she saw what was awaiting them outside the TARDIS. The Doctor grinned going to reach out for the box. Oh, come here." He cooed as the Stone lightly laughed more in joy than at her husband. "Come here, you scrumptious little beauty."

Completely ignoring him the small white box whizzed past the Doctor, making the Stone duck while she couldn't help laughing. The box flew around the console as Amy cried out ducking so she wouldn't get hit. Soon enough the box flew towards the Time Lords who both laughed. The Stone easily ducked down, dodging the box while the Doctor failed to do so being knocked down as the box made a strong impact with his chest.