The Impossible Astronaut

You probably thought the mini-episode was all you would be getting this week, no?

Well, you're wrong! :D I have this chapter as well, sadly I go on holiday for two weeks tomorrow so there will be no updates. I will be updating a ton when I get back, however. I am very eager to share what I have been working on with those of you who are Sherlock fans :) 

Have a good week!

-----

The Stone sat in the console room reading Harry Potter again and drinking her mint tea while the Doctor connected wires under the console trying to fix the outer TARDIS shield's invisibility or as the Stone enjoyed to call it 'The TARDIS cloaking device'.

"Doctor it isn't going to work." She told him not looking up from her book.

"it will." He protested before yelping a small spark coming out from under the console.

"I told you to wait until I finished this chapter." She rolled her eyes setting the book down and standing up to join him. "And then I would help."

"You said that three chapters and two cups of mint tea ago!"

"Yes well," She lightly coughed her cheeks becoming a light shade of pink. "It's a good book and nice tea."

"I can do this myself you know." He replied. "What do you think I did when you weren't here?"

"Not used the cloaking device?" She smirked.

"It's not a cloaking device." He rolled his eyes walking up the stairs to join her at the console, hoping that she would now help him. He honestly did need her help. Not thst he would admit that to her.. "You've been reading too much Harry Potter, dear."

"You can never read to much." She pointed at him threateningly. "Especially Harry Potter.

"Of course." He swallowed hard actually a little scared of her now.

"See." She grinned kissing his cheek. "Now if we connect these too..." She said before grinning as the console beeped. "See!" She laughed. "I told you to wait for me." She then went to the doors and opened it frowning when she saw a blue envelope slowly fall to the floor as if it was stuck inside. "How?" She frowned picking it up. They were in space and not only that but deep space how would anything find them out there.

"What is it dear?" The Doctor frowned walking up to her.

"It's an envelope?" She said questioningly handing it to him.

"Is that TARDIS blue?" He frowned looking at it."

"I think so?" She frowned taking the envelope and opening its seal taking out a piece of card. The Doctor frowned once more seeing the number '1' on the back of the envelope as the Stone glanced over what was said on the front. "It's got a map reference on it and a date."

"Do you think someone wants us?"

"But why an envelope?" She said eyeing the card. "You have your psychic paper why not use that?"

"Perhaps it wouldn't work?" He shrugged before taking her hand after shutting the door pulling the lever to make the TARDIS not invisible. The Stone pulled another lever and the TARDIS started to wheeze taking them to America.

--------------------------------------------------------------- 

"Why are we here." The Stone frowned eyeing the small diner they were sat in before taking the envelope out of her pocket. "Why give us a card in a TARDIS blue envelope."

"And why the number." The Doctor turned the envelope over looking at the number one on the front. "I don't like this Stone." He shook his head taking her hand.