A Christmas Carol - Four

Bit of a special A/N at the end of this chapter for anyone who is a fan of the two men who live at 221b ;)

-----

 Hope you For the Time Lords it was only a few hours after the Christmas dinner with Kazran and Abigail, but for them it was years. Now in Hollywood in the year 1952 the Doctor quickly made his way through the large garden in hope of finding Kazran and Abigail before someone could find him, the Stone shaking her head at him as they walked.

"I didn't mean to!" He said in protest following her wearing a white tuxedo. The bow tie loosely hanging around his neck while she wore a light purple almost lilac strapless dress and white flats.

"Every time." She groaned before spotting Kazran and Abigail beside a pool seeming to be attempting to eat each others faces, at least that was what it lookes like to the Doctor who made a disgusted face at the couple.

"Guys." The Doctor quickly walked up to them. "We've really got to go quite quickly. I just accidentally got engaged to Marilyn Monroe and I think the Stone is actually properly mad at me this time."

"I'm honestly not that upset by it." The Stone admitted shaking her head. "I just wish you would wipe that smug of lipstick off your face and stop having a massive ego."

"I promise to work on the ego dear." He quickly replied rubbing the mark before frowning at Kazran and Abigail not understanding how they were doing that without a respiratory bypass system. "How do you keep going like that?" He said manoeuvring around them. "Do you breathe out your ears?" He lightly tapped them. "Hello? Sorry. Hello? Guys, she's phoned a chapel. There's a car outside. This is happening now."

"Yoo-hoo!" They heard Marilyn call making the Doctor freeze not turning around pretending not to hear.

"Right. Fine." He fixed his coat. "I hope you two walk in on the Stone and I snogging so you get all uncomfortable by it and try to tell us to stop. Which we won't." He sniffed as the Stone raised a brow at him. "Thank you."

"Come on sweetheart leave them alone." She rolled her eyes. "I'm taking a guess that you two might be able to hear me so when you both are finished we'll be in the TARDIS." She then linked her arm with his and they left the two alone once more.

----------------------------------------------------------------

The Doctor and the Stone watched the small fish nip at the Doctors broken screwdriver in the cryo vault while Kazran said goodbye to Abigail slowly shutting the door. The Time Lords back in their usual attire again.

"There we go." The Doctor grinned. "Another day, another Christmas Eve." He continued the Stone slightly tilted her head seeing the look on Kazrans face. She couldn't pinpoint it but in her opinion, he looked almost heartbroken. "We'll see you in a minute, eh?" He shook his head. "I mean, a year."

"Doctor?" Kazran sighed making them turn back around after going to head to the TARDIS. "Listen, why don't we leave it?"

"Sorry," the Time Lord blinked not in understanding as he glanced at the Stone who gave a little shrug unsure herself. "Leave what?"

"Oh, you know, this." He waved his hands around. "Every Christmas Eve. It's getting a bit old."

"Old?" The Doctor repeated frowning.

"Well, Christmas is for kids, isn't it?" He asked smiling a little. "I've got some work with my dad now. I'm going to focus on that. Get that cloud belt under control."

"Sorry, I didn't realise we were boring you." He said watching Kazran loosen the bow tie around his neck.

"Not your fault." He admitted. "Times change." He then went to head back to the vault door.