The Secret of the Stone

The Stone froze spotting him out like a sore thumb when the doors to the large room in the pyramid opened.

"Hi, dear." The Doctor smirked, brushing his tweed jacket. "I see you're home."

The ginger Time Lady narrowed her eyes at her husband who was still smiling at her. "Where in the name of Rassilon have you been?" She asked before noticing Kovarian who was tied up and sat in a chair right next to where he was standing.

"Sorry dear." He looked at her apologetically. "I had to go and pick someone up, I was going to come back but then there was a huge mess from someone getting shot and honestly who else would it have been but my wife, the only other person I know who likes to make the grandest of entrances?"

"Doctor please." She pinched the bridge of her nose having had enough of nonsense for one day. "What do you mean? You disappeared without a word and left me with the TARDIS, I looked everywhere before trying to find out why the Silence wanted us dead. Doctor, you left me alone on that lakeside. We promised each other to always be together if something like that was to happen. If we were to die you said that you would always be there" She shook her head. "I don't understand what was so important that you had to go and disappear?"

"Mum." The Time Lady froze upon hearing that single word, of course she was now hallucinating, honestly didn't suprise her if she opened her eyes to see the Astronaut standing above her, her body lying limp on the lake side as she gasped for air before her death.

The Stone pinched her arm in hope, hope that she wasn't hearing things and that she was real, but she couldn't be- Her mind had to be fooling with her due to stress of everything happened because that person wasn't alive, she died and yet it seemed so real. Even after not knowing her for even a day the Stone had her voice already ingrained into her brain, the smile she made when the three of them ran centries ago burned into her mind as if it only happened the other day.

 She couldn't possibly be standing in the same room as the two older Time Lord, it was surely impossible and yet here her was standing, beside one of the pyramid walls. Their child, the Doctors and the Stone, Jenny who was made in a machine and died saving both her parents. Nervously watched her mother.

"But." The Stone whispered staring at her in disbelief.

"She didn't die." The Doctor softly smiled slowly walking towards his wife who looked shell shocked. Frozen with her eyes locked onto the young blonde as if she would disappear if she looked away. "And she didn't regenerate but she's alive." He whispered standing right in front of his wife. "And she is here."

"Doctor." She choked not believing a word he was saying as her hands suddenly moved on their own, flying up to her mouth, she honestly felt as if she was going to be sick, which was very rare for the Time Lords given how 'superior' their biology was. 

She thought that if she wasn't lying on the lake said she would end up shooting upright in her bed any moment. The whole thing being a dream with the Doctor trying to reassure and comfort the Time Lady or she would end up alone in her cell back in the tower, still stuck in this mess.

"I know." He whispered opening his arms and feeling her fall into him, her whole body shaking against his.

The Doctors arms tightly moved around the Stones body and he held her against him as tight as he could without hurting her. He deeply missed holding her like this, missed how little fear he had that the next day may be the day they die. It hurt his hearts having to stay away from her because he had to do this for her, he saw no other way in protecting Jenny from Madam Kovarian and his wife from doing something she would later regret if the woman did get to her child. "I'm sorry I left you without saying anything, I just couldn't let you go through with just allowing yourself to die, before I found her the fixed point was broken, and I found out River stopped everything. I got even more determined to find Jenny knowing that you were still alive. I needed to prove to you that you couldn't just die. I know this is all wrong but we can't leave her Stone-"