Mixed Feelings

Just a short chapter, it didn't feel right to have it at the end of 'Day of the Moon' or the start of 'Curse of the Black Spot'. So here we go. Please don't come after me with pitch forks after this. This confirms nothing in the long run
-----
"I'm surprised they didn't question your odd behaviour." The Stone hummed walking down the hall with the Doctor heading straight for the med bay.

"Odd behaviour?"

"You said, and I quote that we would go on an adventure, 'after something to eat'." She quoted him from before rolling her eyes. "You would never pick food over an adventure."

"What else was I supposed to say?" He questioned.

"Something less obvious than that." She snorted. "What are they doing anyway?"

"The last place I saw them heading was in the direction of the pool"

"Ah yes." The Stone nodded before turning the corridor and opening the door, walking into the med bay with the Doctor.

"You okay?" He whispered as they moved over to the closest bed, the Stone sitting down in the chair tightly squeezing his hand.

"No." She admitted after a long pause.

"Hey." He cupped her cheek with a hand. "I'll stay by your side no matter what happens, you know that, Stone."

"I just don't know what will be a better result." She sighed shaking her head at him.

"Full body scan okay?" He asking just checking that she was actually okay and up for this. After Amy and Rory left they had decided it was best to do this in the med bay rather than the console room, no risk of Amy and Rory walking in on a private moment between the Time Lords. The Stone nodded and gently squeezed her husbands hand before she let go.

The Doctor swallowed hard after typing the necessary information on the computer, his eyes worringly flickered from the Time Lady and back to the computer. "Doctor?" She whispered not actually sure what was wrong by the confused look on his face.

The Doctor shook his head typing on the computer for a moment. "I'm just going to try again."

"Doctor?"

"Just a moment." He replied, eyes focused on the machine.

"Doctor!" She shouted this time jumping up her eyes snapped to the screen. She swallowed hard not sure whether to be happy or sad, crying or laughing with joy. The Doctor took her hand in his gently squeezing it in comfort.

"You're not pregnant." He whispered seeing her completely frozen, staring at the monitor as if she didn't actually believe it herself.

"Not pregnant..." she finally whispered after the long silence that followed the Doctor words. Her eyes still fixed on those two words on screen. 'Not pregnant' "but..." she choked.

"It says you're not pregnant." He whispered bringing her into a tight hug, allowing her to hide her face in his chest as he felt her breathing pick up in speed, he really hoped his hearts could at least calm her down. "I'm sorry, Stone." He whispered understanding that she didn't know what to think as they walked towards the med bay, she didn't know whether to be happy if she was indeed pregnant or sad that he/she would have to live in fear of everything that hated both the Time Lords if she really did have a small being growing inside her. "We can really try if you want..."

"No." She shot her head up looking at him, making him swallow seeing the heartbroken look on her face. "I just can't, Doctor." She sighed rubbing her head. "I can't have a child just yet, not when we have the Silence after us and definitely not with the childhood they would have. Forever running in fear. That isn't the life I want to give someone."

"Oh my dear." He whispered pulling her in for another hug, his head resting on hers. "I'm so sorry, I love you."

"I love you too, Doctor."

"Do you want to go to the library and read for a while, to try and forget this a little?" He suggested. "Read and tea? Or watch a movie in bed?"

"A movie sounds nice." She sniffed.

"A movie it is then." He grinned moving his head to look at her, trying to at least brighten her mood.

"A movie then we can find the Ponds, take them somewhere so they don't start to complain." He chuckled at her words and took her hand slowly walking out of the med bay with the Time Lady. His hearts slightly aching, of course, he would rather not have a child grow up how it would with them, but having a child with the Stone, he dreamed of that day ever since he knew he liked her more than a friend all those centuries ago.

-----
*Hides* please don't kill me...

Just in case you were wondering this has nothing to do with what is happening to Amy, River isn't their child or anything, the Stone just isn't pregnant. I did enjoy writing an even more protective than he already is Doctor though. That really was fun.