Space and Time

The Doctor was working underneath the TARDIS console. The Stone beside him, pointing at different things as they chatted while working together. "Hey." They heard Amy beside the console.

"Hey." The Doctor replied before Amy pulled him out from underneath the console, the Stone frowned pushing herself out a little to see what was going on.

"Listen." She looked between them. "Can we talk?"

"Rory!" The Doctor suddenly shouted before wincing as the Stone hit him on the back of the head.

"Sorry, Amy." The Stone gave her an apologetic look. What do you need?"

"I've just got a question, that's all."

"You okay up there?" Rory said to the Time Lords looking up from under the glass.

"Yeah, fine, no problem." The Doctor replied.

"What are you doing?"

"Helping the Doctor and the Stone." Rory replied "It's humming. Is that okay?"

"Yeah, it's fine." The Doctor nodded.

"We're just entering conceptual space." The Stone added. "Basically-"

"Imagine a banana," the Doctor cut in. "Or anything curved." He then frowned as the Stone shook her head. "Actually, don't. It's not curved or like a banana. Forget the banana!"

"Er, is he helping you fly the TARDIS?"

"Detach servo-couplings two, seven and eleven, like the Stone showed you."

"How come he gets to have a go?" Amy asked. "You never let me have a go."

"He's my companion." The Stone shrugged. "I let him even when the Doctor started to pout not wanting him to touch the TARDIS."

"Er, Doctor, don't." Rory cut in also giving the Stone a pleading look. "Seriously. I let her drive my car once."

"Yeah, to the end of the road."

"According to Amy, there was an unexpected house."

"Ouch..." the Stone whispered to the Doctor.

"He's jealous because I passed my test first time."

"You cheated." Rory protested. "You wore a skirt."

"I didn't wear a skirt."

"That would have worked too." He nodded to the one she was wearing.

"No, no, I did wear a skirt." She blinked. "But it was any old skirt."

"Have you seen Amy drive, Doctor, Stone?

"No." They both replied.

"Neither did her driving examiner."

"Actually, it was this one." She said in thought. "It was this skirt."

The Doctor frowned for a moment before the TARDIS violently shook the console room going completely dark.

"What was that?"

"Rory?" The Stone sighed shaking her head. "Did you drop a thermo-coupling?"

"Sorry."

"Argh. How did you do that?" The Doctor groaned. "I told you, don't drop them. I specifically mentioned not dropping."

"Doctor its fine." The Stone told him taking his hand.

"It was my fault," Amy said making the Doctor and the Stone frown.

"Of course it wasn't your fault." The Doctor replied.