The God Complex - Two

The Doctor and the Stone stood in a spa room in the hotel and looked at each other as Howie's voice echoed through the hotel using the Doctors screwdriver which hung on some rope as the man was tied to a chair in the reception.

The Time Lords turned around as they heard a loud bang two doors swung open.

The two darted to the edge of the room and hid behind a large wardrobe as the creature entered. The doors behind it suddenly shut and the Stone smiled.

"So far so good, Amy's locked the doors."

"Told you it was a good plan." The Doctor replied before pulling the plug on the radio behind him, projecting Howie's voice into the spa. "Nothing personal." The Doctor spoke up, slowly poking his head around the wardrobe before he and the Stone slowly walked around the room, using the mirrors they placed around to watch and confuse the creature. "I just think we should take things slowly. Get to know each other. You take people's most primal fears and pop it in a room. A tailor-made hell, just for them. Why?"

The creature answered in a snarl. "Did you say they take?" He questioned. "Ah, what is that word? The guard? No, the warden? This is a prison."

The Stone frowned. "What does that make us then, cell mates? Lunch?" She looked at the Doctor. "Joe said: 'We are not ripe,' that we weren't ready. So, what, does it do, make us ready?"

The creature growled again and the Doctor frowned.

"You what? Replace?" He looked at the Stone for a moment before looking back out at the room. "Replace what, fear? You have lived so long even your name is lost. You want this to stop. Because you are just instinct. Then tell me. Tell me how to fight you."

The Time Lords eyes widened as they heard Howie cry out. "My master, my lord. I'm here!"

"Gibbs." The Stone gritted her teeth in anger.

"No, no, no, no, no!" The Doctor shouted as the creature swung for them but instead smashed a thin wall of glass, causing ut to fly at the Time Lords. The Doctor pulled the Stone back and the two covered their faces as best as possible.

"Rory, watch out, it's coming." The Stone warned.

Amy and Rita suddenly burst through the door making the Time Lords turn around.

"Stay back!" The Doctor warned.

The creature smashed the glass door where Rory was hiding. The minotaur then left.

"Pond, bring the fish." The Doctor ordered as the Stone ran over to Rory and flashed her sonic over him.

"What, the fish? Oh, the fish."

"Where'd he go?" The Doctor asked as the Stone chuckled at her companions confusion. "Somebody hit me. Was it Amy?"

"Try a big creepy minotaur." She patted his shoulder before following the Doctor who gave chase with the creature. He then stopped finding Howies broken glasses.

The two ran around the hotel before they slowed down after spotting Howies body, slumped against the wall. The Stone bowed her head and closed the boys eyes while the Doctor placed his glasses into his hand. He looked up to see Amy, Rory and Rita stood at the end of the corridor. The Doctor slowly shook his head at them and the Stones eyes narrowed seeing a figure slowly walk out on the other end of the corridor.

"He got free." Gibbs whimpered m "He overpowered me. It might leave us alone now. Maybe now we'll be safe."

The Stone went to charge towards the alien. The Doctor quickly squeezed his wifes hand and shook his head at her.