The God Complex - Three

With Rita's body joining Howies and Joe's the Stone sat on the floor in the hotels restaurant as the Doctor threw a chair across the room, she watched as the Time Lord broke more and more objects before having enough, the Doctor continued to throw objects, around the Stone as she walked through the restaurant and towards him before standing in front of the Doctor who was about to break a rather large and possibly, expensive vase.

The Doctors eyes softened as if he was never even angry in the first place and his body froze on him as the Stone slowly and gently removed the vase from his grasp and placed it onto a nearby table which was still in one piece.

Without saying a word the Stone tightly hugged the Doctor as he let out a shaking breath into her shoulder, his face hiding in it and the gingers hair.

The Stone gave a sad smile to Amy and Rory who closely watched before she gently dragged the Doctor around a corner to have a word away from the humans and Gibbs who had emerged from the kitchen after hearing all the commotion brought on by the Doctor.

After calming the Doctor down the two Time Lords returned, to see Amy and Rory sat side by side at one table, Gibbs nervously sat at the table on their left with another empty table on his left.

The Stone softly smiled at Amy and Rory who slowly nodded while at the Time Lady as she held the Doctors hand and walked over to the table.

The two sat down and the Doctor entwined his fingers with his wife before looking at her and letting out a sigh.

"I needed that. Thank you, dear."

The Time Lady lightly nudged him. "Got to put you in your place now and again."

The Doctor let out a small chuckle, causing Amy to look over at the two in some form of hope. If she learned anything travelling with them it was that If those two were alright then everything was going to be alright in the end.

"Okay." The Doctor slowly nodded after a moment. "It preys on people's fear and possesses them."

The Stone looked at her husband and tilted her head ever so slightly. "But Rita wasn't afraid?" She questioned herself more than the Doctor. "She was brave and calm, yes she did run away but she did that to try and protect us, she was very brave."

The Doctor slowly nodded. "Maybe it's something to do with the people?" He asked. "Maybe there is some connection between the four of you that'll tell us how to fight it."

"Yes," Gibbs sighed. "You keep saying that, but you never do. And while we wait, people keep dying. And we'll be next."

The Stone narrowed her eyes at the alien who swallowed hard before he turned to Amy who spoke up. "Look, they'll work it out. They always do. You just got to let the Stone prompt him somehow and she'll point him in the right direction, it's how they work, they're like tennis rackets, throw the ball in and they'll bounce it right off each other."

The Stones eyes widened and she snapped her head around to the Doctor who stared at her, looking just as pale as she was.

"Do you...?"

"Yes." The Stone whispered looking back at Amy who frowned at them. "This is very, very bad..."
Now Rory was looking panicked. "Stone... what's wrong?"

"We were wrong." She swallowed hard, looking at her companion. "It's faith. Not just religious faith, faith in something."

"I don't understand?" Amy spoke up, looking at the two. "What's wrong?"

The Doctor rubbed his forehead before he stood up and walked to the bar before he sat down on the chair. "Howard believed in conspiracies, that external forces controlled the world. Joe had dice cufflinks and a chain with a horseshoe. He was a gambler. Gamblers believe in luck, an intangible force that helps them win or lose. Gibbis has rejected any personal autonomy and is waiting for the next batch of invaders to oppress him and tell him what to do. They all believe there's something guiding them, about to save them. That's what it replaces. Every time someone was confronted with their most primal fear, they fell back on their most fundamental faith."