The Time Lords Best Friend - Two

The Doctor ended the call with Amy and Rory while the Stone shook her head at her husband. "What?" He frowned.

"I'm getting worse because of you." She nodded at him.

"Bring out the best in you dear." He grinned placing his arm over her shoulder while kissing her forehead. "Now come on." He headed off talking more so to himself than his wife. "Where are you? Now, where are you all?

"Yes." The Stone said in agreement as she closed her eyes. The Doctor did the same as they cleared their minds, hoping to feel the presents of at least another Time Lord. They only felt each other. The whispers of the Time Lords was distant and definitely not how it should have felt.

The Time Lords moved on and frowned. The whispers were definatly coming from near where they were. The Doctor then pulled back a curtain and raised a brow hearing the voices now much clearer than before. "Well, they can't all be in here."

He looked at the Stone who scratched her cheek. "It isn't unknown of..." she muttered. "My TARDIS had became something... near that size. She shrugged and tilted her head slightly. "It did become a fridge once and a wardrobe another time. It was quite hard trying to explain that Aslan or the witch were not real to people."

"Really?" The Doctor looked at her.

"Oh yes." She nodded before frowning. "But this small..." she trailed off not wanting to jinx it. Having a TARDIS this small was not only unpractical but also unheard of. The Stone and the Doctor had learned that TARDIS' did use a chameleon circuit to disguise itself but never something on this scale. The Stone swallowed hard as the Doctor reached up and opened the doors of the cupboard. The Stone swore she felt her hearts stop at the sight. Around twenty of the Time Lord distress boxes all piled on top of each other. The voices of the lost Time Lords now as clear as day.

The Doctor stared at the boxes for a moment feeling himself become angry and close to fuming. The Stone gasped a hand flying to her mouth at the final voice she heard. She had never properly met her great grandfather but after finding hidden recordings of him explaining his work she remembered the voice, the years of her rewatching every recording to get his work finished correctly had caused his speech and accent in all his regenerations he recorded to be ingrained in her Time Lady brain. It was hell. By the end of the war the Stone could probably recite the first recording word for word. "If you can hear, come and help."

The Doctor swallowed hard, not knowing who she had recognised but definitely knew it was someone that she cared for, without looking at the Doctor, the Stones hand found his, their fingers entwining together fitting perfectly. The Doctor squeezed her hand comfortingly before his thumb gently moved over her knuckles and the back of her hand.

The Doctor then silently growled hearing two figures come up behind them. Auntie and Uncle of course. The Doctor forced himself to sound calm, much calmer than he currently was. "Just admiring your Time Lord distress signal collection. Nice job. Brilliant job. Really thought we had some friends here, but this is what the Ood translator picked up. Cries for help from the long dead."

"I should have trusted myself." The Stone whispered shaking her head feeling a tear slip as she took in a breath forcing herself to not break down. It would have just made things much more difficult. She turned around letting go of the Doctors hands feeling her own clenching into fists. "How many Time Lords have you lured here the way you lured us, and what exactly happened to them all?"

"House," Auntie replied. "House is kind and he is wise-"

"House repairs you when you break!" The Doctor finally snapped stepping forward to become nose to nose with the woman only for her to step back out of fear. "Yes, we know. But how does he mend you?" The Doctor spoke before his brain finally caught up with his mouth. His eyes widened as he finally pierced it together. He looked at Uncle. "You've got the eyes of a twenty year old."