Awaken

Chapter 2

They keep talking for a short time before they open up the door and exit.

The air around me seem to get thicker and black starts to rim my vision. I wrestle,with sleep for a while before I stop and give up the fight.

I look around the room before I drift into deep sleep

------------******

It must have been a couple of hours since the last time my eyes looked to look upon the boring ceiling that looms over my head like a pasty white sky.

My throat is sore as I run my tongue around the inside of my mouth; blinking s few times my eyes adjust to the light that stings my eyes.

The sun does not shine through the windows anymore, but the stars shine bright with a soft white light.

My fingers curl around crusty blankets; my hair lays spread out around me like a blanket. The soft felling I once could grasp from the ends gone and replaced with greasy locks.

Taking a glance outside the sight of large green pine trees fills my vision as I watch the wind blow them from side to side. Leaves fall from other trees that look as if they almost touch the sky.

The moon casting shadows across the blackness of the ground. Its face smiling down at the ground with darkness lining the once bright blue sky.

The sound of howling filling the night. My stomach clenches at the sound as fear wraps slowly around me like a anaconda ready to eat its prey.

It must be around June because the air feels warm in the little hospital room. To be honest I have absolutely no idea want time of year it is.

My dirty skin shifts as I move my fingers and stretch them slowly out over the stiff covers of the hard hospital bed that holds my weak body away from the cold ground.

I feel slightly better now and so I decide to stand up; stretching my legs the soreness in my body springs back to life as I bite my lips. My knees are a little weak but I stand anyways.

My muscles scream out as I put my shaky foot on the ground. The coldness greets my foot with a sharp slap as I clench my eyes closed.

A small pit of fear starts to form in my stomach, I do not know where the I am. The walls feel like they are closing in on me as my breath comes out in short gasps.

My fingers stay latched to the side of the bed as my toes wiggle around close to the floor.

I look around for something to call off like a wired phone.

Wait!

I do not remember where I am from and if I did find a phone who would I call. I really have no clue. Damn I am in some real trouble.

Looking up at the ceiling I let out an annoyed sigh.

The annoying sound of loud beeps start to make a headache form at the back of my eyes as I let out a low steady breath.

I sit back down because I feel weak and can not bare to stand for much longer. The bed molds to my butt as I place my hands on my knees and let out an annoyed sigh.

I hear something. The subtle sound of quick foot steps come towards my room. The clicking of someones heel against tile, it echoes down the hallways from behind my door.

I can smell it too....... Someone's coming?

The smell of aftershave and socks fills my nose. I scrunch up my face at the disgusting scent.