Maybe not....

Chapter 28

A few months drifted by without a peep from my little friend in black. The people of the pack did not even notice the difference but I most surly did.

The time was coming for him to make his appearance and show everyone what he is really made of.

I could feel him close by the grounds but not close enough to be caught by the patrols.

It felt as if whenever he moved his skinny body I could feel his heart beat and every breath he took.

They started to rebuild the pack house with the men that survived and have the women look after the sickly and the injured.

I still got that the occasion stares from the people who lived around here but they have gotten used to my presents in the place.

I stepped out into the cold weather of early December and watched the rain slowly cry out from the sky.

The birds did not chirp anymore and the leaves on the trees have all fallen off and had drifted away in the wind of early November.

The towns folks where getting ready for Christmas and the cold weather that would freeze the night with ice and frost all the lovely plants.

The lights in the massive house glowed brightly and filled the early morning sky with a subtle glow of warm yellow light.

I lifted my chin to the sky and took a whiff of the pine trees and damp smelling dirt. I could easily pick up on his sour smell that would fill my nostrils from time to time.

He smelled of cheap dollar store cologne with a hint of orange.

Still as the approaching doom was upon us the people of the Blood moon pack did not seem to notice, they where sitting in the pack house with a warm cup of tea and a biscuit.

The cold winter breeze bite at the end of my exposed nose and drifted towards the mountains on the right side of me. The sun touched the sky from over the mass of mountains and filled the partly cloudy morning with a warm light.

Warmth filled my body, "What are you doing standing out here." His soft voice filled
my ears as I stared off into the distance.

I look up at him face and leaned into his chest with a smile on my face. "I'm just thinking."

He wrapped his arms around my waist and brought me closer. "What where you thinking about love."

I could feel the slight tingle of his skin on mine and the heat his body gave off in waves made my wolf happy and delighted in herself.

We finally started to set aside what had happened in the past. Even if the thought of him being in the bed with a women other then me made me slightly ticked off, I let it go,........kind of.

To be honest no really, every time I saw her cow looking face I want to badly bruise it but Adam said he would put aside what I did if I would do the same about his little thing

He even seems to be kind of let go of when I left a couple of years back. Maybe on day we will be worry free with a few little monsters to go on the side.

Or maybe NOT.

"I'm just thinking about how this is all go to work out." I mumble but he could clearly hear me.

He placed a soft kiss on my cheek and held me tighter to his tall form. "When the time comes to make a decision we will make the choice on what to do."

Adam always trying to be the tough leader.

I had not told Adam about how the other pack was so close to the boundaries of the pack but I did tell him we had a big threat over the horizon. He just kind of let my comment pass over his head.