Nature Walk (Jack and Signe)

Signe locked her door and looked out at the familiar town she lived in, and she breathed in the cool fresh air as she started walking. The thing she loved most about Ireland was how beautiful the land was. Everything was green and fresh because of all the rain, and it made Signe happy.

I love nature so much. She sighed happily as she made her way through the streets and headed out into the forest. As Signe walked, she pulled her phone out of her pocket and swiped the screen, scrolling through Twitter and smiling.

Oh, nice one! Hmm, that's a good idea, I should try that... Signe smiled again. Yes, my plants do look lovely, they're very pretty thank you. I'm very happy with them. She giggled as she walked along the familiar nature trail, buried in the internet as she continued walking. But because of that she didn't notice a jutting root in her path. In front of her was a bridge that led over a steep cliff, but when Signe kept walking her foot slipped under the root. She cried out as she fell forward and dropped her phone, and the bend of the land caused her to roll and fall into the small crevice.

Signe groaned and rubbed her head, and she slowly sat up and tried to move. To her dismay, her good foot was tangled under a bramble, and her other foot felt sprained. She groaned again and laid back down, and she tried to feel around for her phone and shuffled her hands through the leaves.

Oh no... no, damn it! She realized that she had dropped her phone up on the cliff. She couldn't get up, and now she couldn't call someone for help. But even though it was early morning, maybe someone else was here? She couldn't be the only person here!

"H-h-help..." Signe swallowed and groaned before she tried to shout for help. "H-help! Someone please! Is anybody there?" Silence met her ears. There has to be someone around, surely! She tried to move again, but she stopped immediately as pain shot through her, and she stopped moving with a whimper. "Help! Please!" Signe yelled again. "Please, is somebody there? Anyone!"

She heard some birds suddenly chirp and fly off, and Signe focused on trying to get untangled. But she was too tied up in the brambles to get out.

Signe looked back up as she heard something thump around and rustle in the leaves, and then she was surprised to hear an Irish voice call out.

"Hello?" The voice asked. Signe struggled to sit up as she quickly returned the call.

"Hello, yes!" She cried out. "Can you-can you help me sir? I tripped and fell down in this crevice."

"Oh," the masculine Irish voice realized with compassion in his tone. "Are you ok?"

"I'm mostly fine, I-I think," Signe answered. "My ankle's sprained though, and I skinned my knee when I fell down. My good leg is also trapped in these brambles."

"That sounds bad." the Irish accent was loud but soft toned;  the speaker was really close by but speaking quietly. "What can I do, do you want me to call someone or-"

"No, I think I'll be ok if you could just come down here and help me-" Signe started to say.

"Oh, um... I-I can't." Signe widened her eyes.

"Why not!?" She exclaimed, frantic. "P-please, I just- I just need to get my foot free and-and I can-"

"I didn't mean I wouldn't help," the voice answered firmly. "But I-I need you to do me a favor." Signe blinked a few times, shivering.

"F-favor?" She whimpered. "I-I don't-I don't have anything though."

"No, not that kind of favor," the Irishman coaxed. "Just... close your eyes, please? I don't want you to see me."