Old Man Winter (Jack and Mark) (Part 1?)

Mark opened his eyes and shivered. It felt chilly, but he was wrapped up in a sea of blankets, and the heater was on full crank. Beside him, Nate was snoring softly, buried in his own world. And beneath the sea of blankets, Jack's stomach rose and fell as the giant snored without a care in the world. With his body heat, the blankets, the heater, and the closed curtains, it was warm enough for the two humans.

Mark closed his eyes and sighed tiredly. Today would have been Christmas. By now, he and Amy could have set up the silver tree and made each other little gifts. Maybe he could have even found a bone or, if he was really lucky, a nice steak for Chica. Weary made his heart heavy. He missed Earth. While this world was beautiful, it was too big for humans, and it just wasn't home.

Mark looked at the window closest to the couch. It was a bit too high up to look out of, and the curtains blocked his view. But, he could see the freezing air that wafted from the glass like dry ice vapor. I bet I could use my grappling hook to get up there. Mark climbed out of the blankets and shivered. It's freezing! He checked the temperature and saw that it was currently -10° C outside. He shuddered. That's really cold. But he wanted to see how the rest of the world looked, so he got up, traversed Jack's chest, and climbed up onto the arm rest. His hands fumbled to grab the grappling gun as Mark continued to shiver more violently. The first few times his aim was a bit off, but then he managed to aim true and latch the hook on the shelf.

Got ya! He jumped off and started climbing up the rope. The higher up he got, the colder and number he felt. Then, finally, he pulled himself onto the ledge and ducked under the curtains, looking outside.

The world was white. Snow covered the ground like a thick blanket, and it was all over the trees and bushes too. Mark let out a slight gasp of awe, seeing his breath billow before his eyes. It's beautiful! Entranced, he didn't hear the blankets shifting until he heard Jack yawn loudly. He turned and saw the giant carefully pushing the blankets away as he stretched and rubbed his eyes.

"Jack!" Mark whisper shouted. The giant blinked blearily at the room, then looked and saw Mark.

"Mahrk! What are ya doing up there?" He got off the couch and tucked Nate back in, and then went over to Mark. "Yer freezing!" Mark protested as Jack scooped him up and held him to his chest.

"But Jack, Jack! Look!" He pointed at the window. Jack brushed the curtains away and looked outside. He smiled.

"Yeah? It's pretty isn't it?" With a reprimanding glance, he added, "And freezing." Mark pouted.

"I just wanted to see the snow!" He waved his arms, trying to get Jack to put him down.

"Snow's pretty and all, but that doesn't mean you should turn into a popsicle trying to see it!" Jack carried Mark away from the window and put him on the blankets. "Come on, let's get you warmed up." Mark groaned as he was submerged in the soft, warm covers.

"You're not my dad," he grumbled. Jack grinned.

"Shuddup, somebody's gotta take care of ya." While Mark warmed back up to his regular temperature, Jack retreated to the kitchen to brew some coffee. Mark sighed and snuggled the blankets, deciding contently to forgive his gargantuan friend, as Felix walked in.

"It's fucking freezing!" He said loudly, making Mark jump.

"Felix! Shush. Nate's still asleep," Jack hissed, "And Mat too, I bet."

"Not anymore." The young brunette walked into the living room with a tired yawn. "Is Nate really still sleeping?" He asked sleepily.

"He won't be by now, I'm sure." Mark looked at Nathan. He was still curled up in the blankets, fast asleep. Poor guy. He probably didn't get much sleep. But he won't get any with their racket. Mark waded through the covers and touched his shoulder, about to wake him up, only to pull back sharply with a gasp.