Lost and Found (?̷̻̆ͣ̑?̆͑̄?̻̫͔͔̘͋͆ͧ̉ͫ̐̚͘ ̻͉̂͒̌̎͐̀̎́ and Y/N) (Part Two)

While the many giants had finally settled down with a really-good smelling buffet, I had managed to sneak back into the kitchen and get into one of the bottom cupboards. It'd revealed some cleaning supplies on one side and spare rolls of paper towels on the other, so I was good to go with a small strip around my leg to try and stop the bleeding.

I was pushing on the door to open it the few inches I needed to squeeze out, when I heard a pair of footsteps departing from the loud cluster of dining. I quickly let up and let the darkness wash over me, listening with baited breath as the giant walked into the kitchen, muttering under his breath.

"Can't hold my liquor. Bah! I can hold plenty of liquor, I have had many successful operations vithout zhe shakes, I am part Irish as I am part Germany! I do not need to be talked down to like a child--... Vhat is zhis? Blood? Vhy is dere blood under zhe counters? Zhis is very interesting. I am sure zhat Doctor Iplier vould like to hear about zhis. Make for better topic in conversing. Maybe just zhe blood of tomatoes..." My eyes grew big. What was he talking about? Did he know I was here? Alarmed, I turned to look for a place to hide, but it was quickly apparent that the paper towels was my best bet. I hurried over to it and ducked behind, bracing myself in case the giant decided to open this cabinet. But all I heard was the rush of water as it splashed against glass, and the squeak of the faucet as it was turned on and then off. The footsteps moved away, and the giant took his leave as he kept muttering under his breath— something about being a "very smart doctor, 100% certified"— and blended in with the ruckus outside of the kitchen. I waited for a moment longer, and then I slowly came out with taut wary. I pushed the door open again and peeked down one way of the tiled room, and then the other; once the coast was clear, I hit the floor running as fast as my hurt leg could go, extremely unnerved by this game of hide and seek I was now playing.

I didn't want to play hide and seek. I wanted to go home, not be chased by monsters and wild animals.

What was worse? Wolves? Or giants?

I fled back they way I'd came, back to the spiral staircase that swooped over my head to the next floor. I braced myself for the long climb and started making it up one step at a time. It was painstakingly slow with my busted leg, and my hearing was sharply attuned to the giants; I hoped to whatever force of nature was watching me that none of them would walk in and find me.

I finally reached the first landing and collapsed against the rail, utterly beat. Every muscle begged not to be stressed, to just lie still and relax... Maybe even close my eyes... Just a little bit—

But then I caught on to approaching tremors. Snapping back awake, I turned over and squeezed behind the banister, putting my small frame behind one of the rails just in time. A few of the giants were coming up and departing to different doors in the long hallway, each telling the others goodnight before slipping away for the rest of the night.

"I dunno Chase, I don't think you should risk it." The last two were holding up a conversation, hesitating on the landing as they spoke in hushed voices. "He doesn't seem like the type a guy to bother, ya know?"

"Yeah, I know. I just wanna give it the old college try." I took a peek. One giant was wearing a blinding amount of red with a brown belt and blue joint pads— and a hoodie?— while the other wore dark gray and black, with a snapback hat slightly crooked on his head, and a nerf gun holstered at his side. The hat guy was also holding a plate of food in his hand, still warm and emitting a delicious smell that made my sad stomach rumble.

"I'm just sayin', I don't know if we can trust him yet," the red one insisted in a hushed whisper, "He may have saved our asses, but there's gotta be something bigger going on! Like all the other egos— I don't think everyone has been gathered up like this before, like, ever. Even Anti's keeping in line! And he wouldn't let me leave to check up on Jack. Isn't that suspicious?"