Spiders and Borrowers (Mat and Nate+Mark)

Spiders were not a good thing to have in your closet, especially if that closet was your recording studio.

Mat scowled as he kept his distance from the small room. His eyes were locked on the corner above his shelves, where a sac of woven webs hanged with hundreds of baby spiders crawling out. Goddangit, of all the poopy things that could happen! Mat groaned and shook his head. I guess I'm gonna have to use another room for all of our theory videos until Steph and I can get this pest problem under control. I hope they don't get in my jackets. Mat looked at the spiders for a few more seconds before he ran into the closet room and grabbed as many of his things as quickly as possible.

When his things were safe Mat ran back in and unplugged his laptop. As he worked on getting his laptop free, a little black spider crawled near his hand.

"Ah! Oh no you don't!" Mat jerked his hand away and backed away. "Stay back you little demonic... eight legged..." Mat frowned as he tried to reach for a good insult. "... attercop."

"Mat?" Stephanie stopped outside the closet and looked at the theorist with confusion. "What are you-" she gasped when she saw the spider problem, and her eyes widened. "Oh no!" She exclaimed. "Oh Mat, what did you do to make them so angry, you drove them up the wall!"

"Ha ha ha." Mat walked over to Stephanie with his laptop under his arm. "I didn't do anything! They came and stole the closet!" He exclaimed.

"Well maybe you ruined their web, so they decided to use your computer to make some websites," Stephanie teased. Mat shook his head, fighting back a smile at the awful puns.

"I don't know Steph, how about you weave me an explanation?" He chuckled. "But seriously, we're gonna have to get rid of them, I cannot stand spiders! They aren't animatronics but boy they will sneak up on you and strike when you least expect it! You just watch!" Stephanie giggled.

"Ok, easy there tiger, we'll take care of them, but right now why don't you go ahead and get a room set up so you can finish that theory about Spiderman? You could try the storage room; besides, you've waited a long time to get a good idea on him anyway, so why wait?"

"How ironic," Mat muttered to himself, and then he sighed. "Thanks Steph." He grabbed his recording gear and made his way to the storage room, stopping only to pet a kitty and murmuring, "Hey CatPat, go guard the theory closet for me will you?" The cat meowed and trotted off with his tail high in the air.

Mat walked into the storage room and put his laptop and equipment on a dusty old table. He sighed and sat down on a pile of boxes, falling into a thinking trance. I wonder if I should put that first, and then that last... he was thinking about how he was going to organize his film theory. And then save that for last, throw in a couple of puns from Stephanie of course... Mat sighed and mussed his hair. Man it's really dusty. How long has it been since me and Steph have come down here? He got up and brushed some dust and cobwebs off the boxes, coughing.

"Man it really is dusty!" He muttered to himself. He stopped and noticed something black behind one of the boxes. He frowned. What's this? He pulled the box out of the way and crouched down. It was a hole in the wall. Mat expected it to be riddled with dust bunnies and old webs, but to his surprise it was actually clean.

"Huh." Maybe something frequently uses this tunnel? Mat tried to look down the tunnel's yawning throat, but it was too dark too see, even with the lights on. With a sigh he sat on the cold floor and ogled the hole. It was a natural crack in the wall, but the tunnel behind it was so smooth and straight. It looked unnatural, and it was so well hidden.

Mat sat there staring at the hole and began to brood.