Fanny

She literally lived up the quote, "You don't need wings to be able to fly."

     As a kid, she dreamt of flying and later on, achieved it.

   She'd soar in the summer air, twist her body several feet up and land gracefully, then jump in between  towering mountains and cliffs during nighttime.

   She called it the Blade of Freedom.

   She was the fastest hero known to all, despite being  human and a brilliant thief.

   A kleptomaniac since the day she turned six.

   She began by the littlest things;  picking pennies from a random stranger's pocket, or stealing wrist jewelries.

But when she grew older and became much better, she executed bigger heists. Sometimes, in a heavily guarded museum wherein precious gold-crafted ancient artifacts dwelled.  Whether local or international banks; she'd enter and exit safely.

    Fanny didn't know where she got the trait from, maybe from her trusted Uncle Franco, who took care of her, when her parents abandoned her when she was just a baby,  in the middle of a frigging cliff.

  Guess, she just adored nice things too much.

   Speaking of uncles, Uncle Franco, had ordered her to gather her blades and get ready to go.

"Go where, exactly?" she'd asked.

"To meet your Aunt. She needs our help."   he'd replied.

   And so they followed her Aunt's orders. Her Uncle, packed up his fearsome Hook and hammer.

They left their home, in order to visit a foreign land she'd never laid eyes on before.

   Uncle Franco used to tell her tales of the other realms; wherein magic in varied forms existed. There'll be no black or white in the land of beyond.

    He'd slain many elves, knights, assassins, hooked and ganked them to death.

  Fanny was both exhilarated and anxious to go.

She was preoccupied with her inner monologues when her backpack vibrated. She fished out her freshly stolen iPhone and was bombarded with the ringtone exclusively reserved for him.

The lyric said;

i know my ABCs, 🎶
yet you keep teaching me🎶
i say, f*ck your degree,🎶
alphabet boy🎶

She bobbed her head to the song, not bothering to answer yet, because the song was too lit.

you think you're smarter than me 🎶
with all your bad poetry 🎶
f*ck all your ABCs, alphabet boy 🎶

Finally, she spared him, received his burdensome call.

"What do you want?"  she asked coldly.

"Babe, let's talk, we don't have to split up like this. That girl you saw? She's  no one. Nobody to me. Only you harbors my heart, babe. Please come back. I miss you."

Fanny huffed a breath and glared at his sweet words laced with unseen poison.

"Don't you 'babe' me, Bruno. I don't care about anything that involves your name or existence. Never ever call me again. I knew Uncle was right when he warned me that it's bad news to date a jock, like you. I'm hanging up, assh*le."

She could've punched the end call button. Her recent ex- Bruno was sexy and gorgeous with that blond hair that gets wet whilst he sweats  during soccer tryouts. Yum. He was nice, caring, smart, oozing hot and a perfect liar.

She didn't need him.

Back to the present, not from afar, a portal made of blood red substance, materialized into view. It was shaped like a door, pitch-black shadows hovered around the edges.

  The darkness whispered and beckoned them to enter.

  Franco and Fanny stood side by side, she stepped one foot, then the  other, the feeling of being sucked in whole gripped her entire body as the portal transported them straight  to wherever her pseudo- Aunt...Queen Alice, deserting the human world in a trail of dust.